The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

Man also ignores the warnings given by the Spirit. Ignores them even easier when he does not believe that such a thing is even possible.-tammy

Why are the warnings by the spirit so abiguous and vague? If God wanted to warn everyone in Haiti about the Tsunami he would have warned them many months in advance so they could make proper arrangements. Rummbling on the ground minutes, or even hours before the tragedy is not a warning of the spirit tammy.

I believe that truly God does not care about them or anyone at all tammy. I can't see how he can. Love and peace to you tammy. Kate xx

• Viviane
    Viviane

Could we sum up this way?

Solomon, prior to Jesus, "The guilty sometimes get what they deserve and the good get what they don't, it's God's mystery"

Today, Christians after Jesus, "Ditto, except Jesus died, so heaven. Oh, and you shouldn't expect anything from God."

Tec, I read all of that and I can't figure out what you are saying? Should we NOT pray for others? Just for God's will to happen? Should we pray and just HOPE that it's God's will? You said we shouldn't pray for ourselves, but COrnelius did just that. This is very confusing to me.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Vivianne we are talking about Gods love..if you have ever loved somone you will agree its a confusing subject.....

• tec
    tec

Good morning Kate, and peace to you!

Where do you believe God makes his promises?

Now?

In and through His Son.

Before He made promises to people... like Abraham.

The bible teaches God hears prayers,

The bible teaches that God does hear some prayers and also does not hear some prayers.

Isaiah 58, paying particular attention to verse 4:

Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high.

As well as paying attention to veses 6-9.

The bible also says that NO ONE comes to God except through His Son.

God does not have to hear OR answer any prayer that does not come through His Son, in the name of His Son.

this leads me to infer he promises through the pages of the bible to stop suffering.

He does not promise through the pages of the bible. The bible contains writings that others can see the promises made to people.

But yes... he does promise to stop suffering for some, those who belong to Him.

But not in this world. Not in this life.

In this world and in this life, there will be suffering.

Certainly for those who belong to and follow Christ. For these ones will be treated as Christ was treated.

Maybe on the basis of the above, you might rethink some of the conclusions that you have drawn?

Peace again to you.

Your servant in Christ,

tammy

• bohm
    bohm

New hope: Vivianne we are talking about Gods love..if you have ever loved somone you will agree its a confusing subject.....

tell me, how often have you found it confusing if you should save a child you loved from drowning? Would you?

• tec
    tec

If you want to know my personal theological journey I have discussed it many times before.

So has this topic been discussed before. So have the believers on your thread answered these questions before and also discussed their spiritual journey. But that has not stopped them from answering your questions here on this thread, that you have asked. So why can you not answer questions asked of you?

Peace,

tammy

• Viviane
    Viviane

Vivianne we are talking about Gods love..if you have ever loved somone you will agree its a confusing subject.....

How is letting people you love get hurt through no fault of their own when you have the power to stop it confusing? I was sayuing Tec's explanation of prayer was confusing, not love.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Maybe on the basis of the above, you might rethink some of the conclusions that you have drawn?-tammy

Good morning to you tammy, Jesus taught things should be simple. If we agree the bible cannot be trusted then how can we understand what Christ is teaching. Just through a feeling in our gut? This is an abiguous and vague way to communicate. If Christ and God want to answer my prayers and remove everyones suffering then now is as good a time as any.

No one needs to live a lifetime of suffering to wait on Christ in his time. This sounds a bit WTish to me tammy. I would love to rethink my conclusions but when I see definate action from Christ and God will I rethink. I cannot see a God that cares, hence I cannot believe that the creator actually punishes or rewards people, he just simply creates and is indifferent to our suffering.

Kate xx

• Twitch
    Twitch

indeed

• tec
    tec

Could we sum up this way?

Solomon, prior to Jesus, "The guilty sometimes get what they deserve and the good get what they don't, it's God's mystery"

Is it God's mystery... or is it simply man's world?

Today, Christians after Jesus, "Ditto, except Jesus died, so heaven. Oh, and you shouldn't expect anything from God."

Some christians might say that.

I don't.

I might say that you should not expect more from God than what He has said He will give.

He does not owe us anything.

Tec, I read all of that and I can't figure out what you are saying?

Sorry about that. I'll try and clarify.

Should we NOT pray for others?

I think I said the opposite. (Not that it matters what I say, but rather what Christ has said)

But that it is not 'things' that we should pray for, as Christ said... God already knows what we need. (food, clothing, etc)

Just for God's will to happen?

Would someone who belongs to and serves God want something other than His will to be done? Maybe in a moment of fear for their own flesh. But in their right mind? In their spirit?

I am not being facetious. But that was the point being made above, that we put His will over our own, especially if our own is in contradiction with His.

Should we pray and just HOPE that it's God's will?

Why not just pray, and then say... not my will, but your will be done; or something along those lines?

As Christ also prayed... IF possible, remove this cup from me. But if not, then YOUR will be done.

You said we shouldn't pray for ourselves, but COrnelius did just that. This is very confusing to me.

You can pray for whatever you want. I am not telling you how to pray. Nor did I say you cannot pray for yourself...

But Christ said that we should not pray as the pagans do, seeking after 'things'. The point is the 'things'. (like a great house, or a promotion that helps you get these things, or to keep up with the joneses, etc, etc)

What prayer are you talking about from Cornelius?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit