Where the need is greater: TTATT in Spanish

by Londo111 95 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I said:

websites, some being very poorly written

The info on forums is absolutely great, not gonna deny that... but is it accessible and easily searchable?

We need WEBSITES...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am back home, so will begin to organise having the articles translated.

• Through Google Analytics, I can identify the most popular articles.
    • I will share a Google spreadsheet with the translation team, so that each translator can work on a single article at a time
    • I would like to have one person translate an article, and a second person proof read it.
    • Where there are other similar articles, I would link to them at the bottom of the article under a heading See Also:, as I do on jwfacts.com where there are similar articles on other English sites

I would like ideas on whether the site should be jwfacts.com/espanol/article-title or a separate website with a spanish URL, such as tjhechos.es? In that case, would .es work, or does that seem to identify it as a site from Spain, rather than for Spanish speaking people?

hijosdelawatch - I do not delve into doctrinal issues, which are of little help in seeing "the truth about 'The Truth'," but I do deal in objective, documented and verified information.

Doctrinal issues are very important for some people. It is easy to dimiss the Governing Body as imperfect, as the Israelite leaders were, if you think the Watchtower is the only religion to teaches correct doctrine. For many JWs, seeing the flip flops and doctrinal inconsistencies is the surest way for the whole house of cards to crumble.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

jwfacts - I would like ideas on whether the site should be jwfacts.com/espanol/article-title or a separate website with a spanish URL, such as tjhechos.es? In that case, would .es work, or does that seem to identify it as a site from Spain, rather than for Spanish speaking people?

Hi jwfacts, I feel it would be simplist to just append "_es" to the spanish written article's name. In the future, it would be easy enough to add other languages as sufficient people volunteer to translate articles. Also, I feel that it is better to focus on the WTBTSs flip-flops and the more dangerous WTBTS's doctrines, because the WTBTS changes its doctrines too much.

Best of wishes with adding Spanish translations to JWfacts.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Another question. Since I do not understand Spanish, who would like to volunteer to answer the emails? It can be a difficult and time consuming job.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

There is a great site, who have many articles in spanish about JW. I'm the translator of the articles to portuguese, so I know what I'm talking about. ;)

http://4jehovah.org/es/

• losingit
    losingit

Looked through the site TJcurioso... it is good!

The site has the Christian slant on it, although I apreciate how thorough it is breaking down whyit's ok to celebrate Christmas and birthdays.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

TJcurioso, I agree that it is an excellent website. The difference between 4jehovah and jwfacts is that 4jehovah is promoting another set of Christian beliefs whilst jwfacts attempts to remain neutral in this regard. The two sites are both necessary as compliments to each other, as they appeal to different types of JWs, and also different people that are not JWs that are researching the religion.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

I think that this is the 1st thread that I have read on JWN in 3 years that people have respectfully and generally agreed with each other on a course of action to help JWs to see TTATT.

It sounds like jwfacts needs one coordinator, who is a native-Spanish speaker, to coordinate with jwfacts and translators and to answer emails in Spanish, and at least two translators. Should volunteers contact jwfacts through [email protected] or another email address? Would jwfacts need to establlish another email address to receive spanish emails and reduce the workload of forwarding emails?

If Simon were to start a Spanish forum on JWN, would he need at least one native-Spanish speaker to moderate the forum and answer Spanish emails?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Simon
    Simon

I would like ideas on whether the site should be jwfacts.com/espanol/article-title or a separate website with a spanish URL, such as tjhechos.es? In that case, would .es work, or does that seem to identify it as a site from Spain, rather than for Spanish speaking people?

Google are the authority on things like this, there are some pros and cons of the various options here:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en#1

The country-focused top level domain can help with geo-targetting but it should be the domain for countries in South America, Mexico etc... and not Spain (but could be spain as well). Just don't confuse the language with the country - the TLD is referring to country.

• Simon
    Simon

If Simon were to start a Spanish forum on JWN, would he need at least one native-Spanish speaker to moderate the forum and answer Spanish emails?

Yes, it's really to make sure people are being civil, no one is posting spam or obscenities and to answer the odd support email.

Generally, I've found doing as little as possible is actually the most effective - polite requests or reminders of the guidelines are usually sufficient. Occassionally people go out of their way to cause issues and take up more time but they are usually more obvious. When moderators have made a big display of public chastising people it usually caused more harm than the problem being addressed so normally it's more of a "monitoring and only do what's necessary" role.

I have very little experience of latino culture and online behavior. I can't see them being any worse than Americans though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit