Where the need is greater: TTATT in Spanish

by Londo111 95 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

ILoveTTATT - Article on blood is now... 2/30 pages translated... lol

Hi ILoveTTATT, Just words of encouragement to keep up the good work!! Did Simon accept you volunteering to moderate for a Spanish JWN forum?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

6/37 translated... article on blood (I noticed it is actually 37 pages long)

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi everyone,

I have been talking with a friend from Spain who only speaks Spanish. He has been an exJW for a while, and has been heavily involved in the exJW community. He is just floored by JWFacts, even using Google Translator. He says he understands the gist of the articles, and that they are absolutely amazing!! He wanted me to congratulate Paul for such wonderful work!

THANKS PAUL!!

He also gave me an idea: Rather than wait until all the articles have been human-translated, just place all the articles as roughly translated by Google Translate, place a disclaimer, and then, when the articles have been human-translated and proofread, upload them and update the site.

I recommend for a domain name verdadtj.com (roughly translated as jwtruth.com), since the literal translation of "facts" into "hechos" just sounds odd...

I was wondering if that domain can be bought, and then just redirect to jwfacts.com/es if that maintains the Google ranking.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

Would anyone be interested in making donations to JWfacts to purchase domains to redirect to www.jwfacts.com? I would be willing to make a $10 donation which should be able to purchase a domain for a couple of years.

Robert

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm willing to donate.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

So... are there any updates on the translation?

I have been bummed out a bit by my own situation, but I started translating again. The Blood article is long... 37 pages... I am in page 15 now. If I dedicate 1 hour or so per day to this, I might finish in two weeks or so...

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have to finish!! I am at page 22 of 38... Going at a slow pace since I need to find the equivalent date for many of the articles, make some of the graphs, and find and download some literature to be able to copy some things.

For example, I need the KM 2006 November in Spanish...

Anyone have it?

I am determined, now, to finish at least this article. Then I will continue onto other articles. This is taking longer than I expected, but it's a good project to have and I should work on it as much as I can.

ILTTATT

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I look forward to trying to read it on jwfacts, ILoveTTATT. You are doing an awesome job in translating the webpage!

Robert

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'll donate!

• Londo111
    Londo111
    How is this work coming along?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit