Just sent letter to my parents that I no longer want to be a JW

by ?evrything 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

I was a born in. Both parents are uber dubs and mother has been depressed lately. So i m super nervous. Just emailed them and my heart is beating 10000mph.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Oh my - I've held off, but was planning A year end email to the fam. What points did you make? Sending good vibes your way.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Thanks Gypsy.

Basically I told them I had cognitive dissonance and awoke to the reason of my anxiety disorder is being as such. 2 main points were hypocrisy and disfellowshipping acts that I have witnessed as well as the Child Pedophilia issues as why I know the org is not spirit directed by God.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Good on you, well done for being brave, this is the start of a new life for you.

No more lying to yourself or others x seriously well done!

snare x

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Thanks Snare.. I been fading for 2 years and it does feel a bit liberating.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just be prepared to hit them with some loving scriptures showing that the org teachings are lies as well, many times the bible is all they will listen to if at all.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Stay with the pedophile issue that's a major stumbling and there is no support in the bible for the WTBTS's position.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ?evrything, What have you done to overcome their BITE control programming? Best of wishes that your family will love you more than the WTBTS.

Please write about your parents reaction, so that others can learn from your experience.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Thanks Robert I plan to put everything that comes of this online. Its therapeutic for me plus Im not ashamed to show my real self anymore.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Good for you ?evything. All we can do is be honest and brave and true to ourselves in light of what we learn about that organisation which is that it is not, never was and can never be 'the truth'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit