If You Were Still "In The Truth" What Type of Life Would You Have?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

OMG!!!!!!!! Outlaw, how many times did we hear those same words over and over. I would always ask them back what is it that you miss about us and they would have the stepford wife look. And the picture on the right is exactly what the idiot goon elder said to my husband followed by our judicial meetings are very loving. You have nothing to worry about. WOW! That's all I've got to say is WOW!

• SophieG
    SophieG

I'd be in a mental asylum...in a padded room...laced up in a lepoard print fur trimmed straight jacket!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If I had stayed a JW any longer, I know exactly what would have happened to my life...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/258714/1/Another-Suicide#.UrjQnrQljcw

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I cannot imagine still being there. I was going out of my mind with cognitive dissonance until the sneaky 1995 changed teaching on "Generation" and then I knew it was over.

Label Licker:

Your post pretty much said it: "...Seriously do these deadbeats really think people are going to give up their friends and businesses to come into this pail of puke"..... I love it!!!

Thank you for saying they are deadbeats because they surely are. I also had no intention of giving up my friends or MY job to appease a jealous bunch of idiots who resented me because I was independent and didn't need them. They just want to bring about people's degradation because they have serious issues about anybody who has any education and dignity (especially a woman).

It is also great to have your freedom and free-will back, and you will never trade it again. You are also correct that JWs have no lives, except the sterile existence in the religion.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I'm with @Billy the Ex-Bethelite on this one. Either slowly or quickly, I wouldn't have made it past 25.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I would not be living my AUTHENTIC LIFE I would be a puppet elder saying what the Watchtower B t and S society would want me to say and I would be (now that I'm retired) guilted into some kind of pioneering.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'd have bled to death a long time ago.

And if by some chance that didn't happen (which would be impossible, but let's just say it didn't), then I probably would have killed myself. I am not the depressive type. I just recognize it would not be a life worth living, and would have put myself out of my misery.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'd be extremely mentally ill, even more so than now. I was headed for a huge nervous breakdown, I mean screaming raving jabooba home padded cell breakdown, as well as physical collapse. I found ttatt just in time.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would be in an insane asylum uttering bible gibberish about the war of Armageddon that they were too stupid to realise had already happened because it was an invisible event.

smiddy

• zeb
    zeb

Totally subservient to

• no equality for women
    • against all but minimal education
    • never using my brain
    • never get enough sleep
    • forever breathing the same fuggy air in the kh
    • never having a creative hobby
    • the kingdom angle on everything
    • the wt stupid wims as to dress. (Coats in the Australian summer)
    • elders who drone who speaks forever and fills out his time; not finishing.
    • Conventions in suits, in the heat, hearing the same old line from the same old elders.
    • ACCEPTING OF PAEDOPHILES AMONG THE RANKS.

all in all too dreadfully depressing to contemplate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit