If You Were Still "In The Truth" What Type of Life Would You Have?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It would be blah. If I was still in that cancer now, even though I don't believe a peep of what they say, I would still be worrying about Brother Hounder on a weekly basis. Did you do enough field circus? Where were you last week at the boasting session? What about pious-sneering? We need you to place NR39 and beyond.

And it is more likely I would still be worried about Satan and His Demons, and not about whether they accept me either. I would never have bought a computer. Being active, I would still be worried about the "sun worship" music and not enjoying "sun worship" lights. About 75% of my music collection would be censored, and I would have to worry that someone is going to find my Journey box set or Elton John, find the one "bad" song, and diss the whole group. Without the computer, I would never have been able to research anything. Anything that provided even an atheist viewpoint (not having to worry about Demons attacking me) is banned, as is any tearing apart the LIE-ble to realize that Satan is a friend, not foe.

And, beyond that, nothing. Instead of preparing for the collapse of the dollar, I would be worrying about suit dry cleanings, donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, attending those poverty programming sessions, and being expected to pious-sneer every month there is 5 Saturdays and/or 5 Sundays. Instead of preparing for the eventuality of rolling blackouts at a time when flashlights and batteries (and chargers) are in good supply (and top quality ones were everywhere), I would be trusting in joke-hova. Those squiggly things that some tyrant calls a "light bulb" would still be in my place--nothing more than fire vouchers, instead of the LEDs I now have. No fluoride filter on my tap water. No buying quality clothing at L.L. Bean--too materialistic. Just drudgery--and for sure none of the video games or systems I have (including Pokemon).

As if that isn't bad enough, I would have remained unaware that, on December 23, 2014, Saturn enters Sagittarius. Nor would I have been aware that the last time that happened, I had trouble getting enough hours and/or pay at work to make rent. Saturn retrogrades back to Scorpio on June 15, 2015 only to return to Sagittarius September 18, 2015. I never realized that outer planets could retrograde. And I never would have. Bad enough that there is a poverty risk for me due to Saturn. But, as a jokehovian, I would have been attending boasting sessions designed to make it worse. Program my mind that poverty is a virtue and that all wealth belongs to joke-hova, and it will take the cue. Whether this comes because of hyperinflation or total collapse of the whole financial system, or because of my work, being a jokehovian would have made it much worse. Instead of preparing with quality clothing, quality blackout supplies, quality light bulbs, and decent entertainment not contingent on continual outlay of money, I would have been wasting it on joke-hova. Then, Disaster strikes--no silver for when the dollar becomes toilet paper makes it worse.

Moving into 2015 and 2016, it would have been big Trouble. Instead of being relatively prepared for coming crisis, I would be wasting scarce resources in field circus. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger would still want us preaching no matter what, as they did during World War II and the 1973-74 Energy Crisis. Stagnation, tightening rules (whether from the religion or some scumbag in the congregation), and wasting time in field circus means not being prepared for anything. A simple blackout, which are more likely, is now a disaster instead of a minor nuisance for which I would have a flashlight and battery powered mini disc players attached to a battery powered stereo.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I would definitely be dead, not from suicide but from the stress of pretending to be someone I'm not. By the time I left my health was fading and I felt an old man at 40ish. Now that I am my genuine self, my health is near perfect. No medications, no mental/emotional issues and I am much more relaxed, unless I have an extra espresso in the morning!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The very definition of misery.

I would likely still be getting used and abused weekly..... daydreaming about a paradise earth.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Zeb wrote:

• the wt stupid wims as to dress. (Coats in the Australian summer

I used to live in Cairns which is the wet tropics of the far north, and brothers would stew in their own sweat on the territory in ties and long pants. We women could wear shorter skirts, sleeveless tops and open shoes so we fared better. The locals must have thought the men were nuts though.

• minimus
    minimus

Reflecting on Christmas Day, what a silly religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm in the "The Truth" out and away from religion.

If I was still in the WTS. Corporation (JWS) I would certainly be dumber

and probably unhappy being around people who were socially and mentally crippled.

• fedup
    fedup

On Christmas day, I'd be in service, at a coffee shop, speaking to another drone about how armaghedon will rid this wicked world.

Instead, I'm home, gonna cook a turkey and have my kids over later, planning on drinking scotch for dessert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit