They are Definitely Attacking "Higher Education"

by XBEHERE 129 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Warren Jeffs and other cult leaders have done the same: cut people off from education. If you're uneducated and lack many vital life skills, you're not only less likely to question the cult, you are also physically dependent on it, like this DO. Even if he learned ttatt he couldn't leave because he's in a cage and has no wings. He is totally dependent on the cult, like so many others, and that's the way the wt likes it. A poor laborer struggling to feed his kids is dependent on the cult, whereas a doctor or engineer or teacher or executive can just walk away with his or her money.

• rmt1
    rmt1

This first moment I felt like I was really on the right track was when I started the physics degree and the first lab experiment was to drop a ball bearing over and over and record where in a circle it landed. This was Gaussian statistics, normal distribution, a bell curve. I was a freshman. It was me interrogating, to the extent of my own experimental resources, time and degree of precision, an assertion by authority. I was testing the veracity of what the authority had asserted. LO! The authority, in this one instance, had been correct. The authority, in this one instance, had been telling the truth. The Truth about the Truth of Gaussian statistics, normal distribution, or bell curve, was that it had been correct and true all along, and I could separately reproduce that fact, at will, day or night, January or Tuesday, wearing chartreuse or knit slippers, eating green ham or checking the mail. It was a fact that permeated the entire realm and reach of my senses, it lay beneath and behind my reality, it was a fact that didn't give a flying rat's ass if I knew it or not.

Later in that lab we tested that authoritarian assertion that gravity's acceleration is 9.8m/s/s. You know what they say about scientists and NASA engineers who managed to land a man on the moon, accidentally, 12 times - They are talking out their asses with worldly knowledge and they don't really know what they're talking about and they lack the wisdom of Jehovah that leads to everlasting life. I didn't test that far, but we rolled things of a certain mass down slopes and recorded velocities and calculated transfer of potential energy to kinetic energy and LO!!!!! ZOMG!!!!!! The authority, in this Other one instance, had been correct. Gravity at the surface of earth is 9.8m/s/s, and we proved it, individually, using some basic materials, at will, separately, reproducibly, day or night, January or Tuesday, wearing chartreuse or knit slippers, eating green ham or checking the mail.

GB cannot suffer young minds learning how to test. To test, in the infinitive. The god of the JWs says 'Do not test me.' That god is anti-science. Science is the relentless, belligerent, unapologetic attack on what is known to be unknown, what is known to have possibly changed, what is known to have possibly been misunderstood.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

The WT should attack higher education right now. The giant braintrust in Brooklyn should not go to waste!!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Alpha Man said, "This cult has become so ridiculous that I wonder sometimes if all these new ideas from the crazy 8 is some kind of end game stragety their Legal Dept has devised in order to run off all the membership, then split the money up between the higher ups. Something like a corrupt religious Enron corporation."

I have wondered about this possibility also. They know they will take a membership plunge with the death of the older ones, who now are making up a large portion of the JW demographics in the U.S. Perhaps they want a smaller client base that can just disappear in history like the Millerites of the Great Dissappointment of 1844. Reports from active family still in is that apathy is a major problem.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

If the Borg is on the "no college kick" again, I just imagine a few of the kids I grew up with who are no in their 50's, giving their talks to the blind followers about pursuing their education. I shouldn't even mention age because most of the younger kids in the Cong who would now be pushing 40 the majority of that age group went to college as if it was the "13th grade" or something. Just shows they can never stick to their guns on anything, my peers strongly admonished not to pursue college, ten years later, nothing was wrong with it.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

This was one of the things that bothered me the most when I was an elder. Stupid is as Stupid does and the GB loves keeping their followers stupid.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

williamhconley - He has to work as a pirate cab driver.

Now that's something I'd like to see.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Keep on dumbing 'em down to keep 'em coming to the Kingdumb halls.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Those guys want stringing up. One of the basic needs for every human is to have an education. I abhor what this cult what has done and is doing to young people. My dad hated them. Now I know why. It's taken me all my life to face up to this fact.

I know a young brother in my ex-KH who was a real sweetie but so naive. He had a great brain. Guess what his job is? Checkout and trolley collector at a store. Oh and his mom says she "just loves the ministry" (she must be certifiable) and wished her husband did as well!!! She's never even been abroad. Poor deslusioned family. I shake my head in disbelief.

The sooner this religion is exposed for what it really is the better, before any more people's lives are ruined.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well, let's keep spreading the word to the non jws we know. Jws might not listen, but my family, co workers and therapists are horrified to find out how jws ban education. The more people know about this, the better. The slogan of my local university is Know more- do more. Bring it on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit