They are Definitely Attacking "Higher Education"

by XBEHERE 129 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The society is going to kill itself with these policies of no higher education.

They have really come up with some bat-shit crazy ideas lately. The over-lapping generation, 8 GB member are the F&DS, denouncing their founder Charles Russell, and here it is almost 2014 and the Watchtower is still anti-higher education.

This cult has become so ridiculous that I wonder sometimes if all these new ideas from the crazy 8 is some kind of end game stragety their Legal Dept has devised in order to run off all the membership, then split the money up between the higher ups. Something like a corrupt religious Enron corporation.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

You're telling me about it. I'm basically regarded as the spawn of Satan for going to college by almost everyone in my cong. A few months ago even the CO started to directly pressure me saying that I'm such a smart guy and I would serve Jokehovah better if I would abandon higher education and enroll to Bethhell. I politely declined but he said that by the next visit he hopes I'll make the right call and join their forces at Beth-hell. I now have to find a reason to refuse him again. If he keeps pressuring me I might kick his ass.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If he keeps pressuring me I might kick his ass.

Ha, well don't take it there. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to get your point across. Perhaps a reference to so many long time bethelites being put back into this "system of things" with nothing more than a "Keep warm and well fed, brother" will let him know that you understand how evil the WTBTS really is!

Congrats on making a stand though and getting an education.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

They are f---ing scared with the majority of young people waking up and leaving this bogus religion. What they need to think about is the fact that more young people who haven't gone to college are still leaving in droves. Seems to me that the WT society is dying!

HappyDad

• jgnat
    jgnat

Kick him with your big college words, cookie. As a reactive organization I am sure this new putsch comes out of unfavourable statistics. The college educated are leaving.

Surely the recent economic downturn, affecting industry and trades workers harder than anyone, has parents thinking.

I agree demotion of currently serving elders will just be shooting themselves in the foot.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

There are tons and tons of examples of pioneers, bethelites, missionaries, CO's that obeyed the GB by not getting an education and now in their old age, have no children, no money, no home and are a burden on the local congregation. I know a former D.O. who spent all his life in full time service and now struggles to get by on his special pioneer stipend. He has to work as a pirate cab driver. He has to depend on the generosity of the Congo and friends. He has no children to watch over him as he obeyed that "suggestion" of not having children in this time of the end.

You would think that they would have realized by now that not having an education is disastrous. It's called common sense not materialism to have an education.

If they're afraid of losing members by being exposed to knowledge at University, then maybe that should be a sign that they don't have the truth. The truth will pass the test of scrutiny & time.

W.H.Conley

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Good point, HappyDad, that young ones, regardless of education, are leaving. A thing I don't understand (well, I guess I kinda do since it is an archaic, male run cult) is that, why do they think parents should have iron fist control over children who have reached adulthood and making their own decisions, why are they holding them responsible for what adult children do? If they are living at home and parents paying tuition, maybe, but I think so many of those chosing to use their brains and pursue an education have flown the nest. Ironically, some of my cousins who now shun me from family activities, their children have gone to college, all the while living at home! What a bunch of hypocrites! Geez, don't get me started.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

To them it's all about narcissistic supply. Everything in this POS organization is driven by the availability of narcissistic supply. Nothing else matters to these jokers.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Okay, I just want to make clear that I was kidding when I said I might kick his ass. Other than the college thing, I'm exemplary in the cong, about to become an MS actually, and I plan to find a smart way to get myself and my family out. I have no problem playing their game and beating them at it. In the past years I've gathered enough leverage on them, enough to become untouchable to any disfellowshipping treat. Nevertheless, in my situation going out loudly is not the smart way so I have to be careful and not kick the ass of any CO, lol.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I know a former D.O. who spent all his life in full time service and now struggles to get by on his special pioneer stipend. He has to work as a pirate cab driver. He has to depend on the generosity of the Congo and friends. He has no children to watch over him as he obeyed that "suggestion" of not having children in this time of the end.

But when he is interviewed on the upcoming DC he will claim that he never lacked anything because Jehovah always provided for them. The Congregation is their Family.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit