They are Definitely Attacking "Higher Education"

by XBEHERE 129 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

A friend of mine recently had his CO visit and in the elders meeting the CO out-right asked the question: How are the friends doing in your cong. as regards pursuing higher education? The CO continued...You know in view of all the counsel from the slave regarding the dangers. Are parents being spiritually minded on making decisions about their children's future?

My friend said that the CO went on for 30 minutes with elders interjecting their thoughts on this certain brother or sister. Peppered by comments from the CO about how its a waste of time. Now my friend is a staunch JW and even he was taken aback by it. He has kids that are in High School so he is beginning to struggle a little with this issue. Anyway the point he took away from this is they are on the offensive with education. Do not expect to remain an elder, ms, or pioneer if you or your wife or kids want to better themselves by going to college. He said the whole tone seemed like the branch office was asking the CO's to put feelers out and try to determine how to attack this growing problem. I said ok, and when my visit comes up I would let him know what he says to us.

My take on it, expect a D.C. talk about it to followed up by a direct Watchtower outlining the evils of pursuing a higher education. I know they have been hammering at this for a while now but this is the first time in the 20 yrs that I have been serving that a CO directly asked about this subject. Lets see how this all plays out.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good.

The more they act like asshats with their teachings, the more people will wake up and say "WTF am I involved with here?"

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The strategy is simple: Keep the masses too stupid and uneducated to realize how they are being shafted by their own leadership. To sheepish and ignorant to recognize how they've had the wool pulled over their eyes for the entirety of the lives and how they've been used.

And as always, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

I really do hope they pound education again. People today more than ever need it and are utilitizing it as well as the internet, and the more vocal these cult retards are against such, the more red flags are going up in Kingdom Halls all over the world, especially with today's "generation" who are able to look around and see how "close" the End is for their aging, tired, penniless parents and grandparents. Most say, "No Thanks, I'm outta here" as soon as they turn 18. This is why today's Kingdom Hall's resemble more closely retirement homes than churches.

- Wing Commander

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

It is absolutely none of their business if a member wants to get a higher education.

This shows how they have become lords over the rank & file.

Albert Schroeder's son Judah went to University (NYU) to study law. He's currently serving as an elder!

What hypocrisy.

W.H.Conley

• sir82
    sir82

The WTS is slowly learning what many high control groups / cults have known for quite a while.

The harder you turn the screws, paradoxiacally, the more fiercely loyal your adherents will become. You may lose a few fence-sitters, but that is a small price to pay for virtual worship of the majority that remains.

• Narcissistic Supply
  • AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Keep on undermining your own cult membership with your stupid stance on higher education Watchtower. Your evil Watchtower has cracks and it will fall soon.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I really don't understand their thinking. Are they trying to run the organization into the ground? It's hard enought to find a job so you can give Mother money with a degree. The society is going to kill itself with these policies of no higher education.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

^^^

I really don't believe much "thinking" goes into it at all. They play the numbers game. Get enough people in, and some of them are simply going to ignore the advice and go to school anyway. Or their have an unbelieving father who send them to school and requires they get an education. Then they feel guilty and donate lots of cash to soothe their conscience.

Where they are being really stupid is they are potentially disqualifying and/or alienating a lot of company men. They already complain they have nobody reaching out to become el-duhs. Now they are gonna kick them to the curb because they don't want their kid to be involved in manual labor for the next 50 years of their life?

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is good news IMO. I hope they get as crazy and cutish as possible. Then we will see more newbies here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit