They are Definitely Attacking "Higher Education"

by XBEHERE 129 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

They do not want anyone to get a real education but if you do and can be useful to the organisation that's OK.

This recent letter regarding the Mill Hill rebuild shows the type of skills they need. Not a janitor or window cleaner to be seen, but if you do not have the skills they still want your money.

Hypocrits.

George

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

St. George of England:

Thanks!!!

To anybody here reading or lurking, please note that the religion wants people who have skills acquired by COLLEGE EDUCATION !!

If they can directly benefit from YOUR education, then that's okay.

If they can't benefit from YOUR education, you shouldn't have it either. You should starve to death doing menial labor.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

St George of England... That letter is purely written for blind believer's. Drones

In Yiddish, people who blindly believe are stupid heads... a schmok , a schmo.

The above is written for any idiot New York WT drone whose "job" is reading at JWN.

LoisLane

• St George of England
    St George of England

Not quite sure what you mean there Lois.

The letter was read to all congregations in the UK a couple of weeks ago.

Are you suggesting it is a fake?

George

• rmt1
    rmt1

Those skills and services are expensive to procure legitimately on the street. This is basically a black market in skills. They want "the worker is worthy of his wages" -valued skill sets for free, if someone is so persuaded as to donate them. Mechanical / electrical / civil start about $40k - $50k national average straight out of the undergrad.

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

This controversy about attending college is another sad consequence of the overseers charged with 'shepherding the flock' overstepping their boundaries and ignoring the Apostle Paul's pointed counsel in 1 Cor. 4:6 and Romans 14. Some of the warnings about college education have a measure of truth- i.e. temptations of the frat life, huge debt etc. It's OK for the WT commentary to point these dangers out, but if they want to be viewed as balanced (which they frequently claim) they should also comment on the positive side of a college education. Then, as Jesus would do, let people make their own decisions. This would then end the not-so-subtle judgements that are so frequent among JW's involving personal decisions.

Interestingly, I have had several family members who are active JW's attend college. Recently, one of them was told by the local elders that they could not consider him as a MS because of his being in college. They will however let him 'run the mics'. I guess it's OK to do 'menial' jobs like running the mics, but not a have a more 'prominent priviledge'. Maybe time for another letter 'clarifying' what the Bible writers forgot to mention...

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, people need to be aware of this non-JWs and JWs who are sitting on the fence considering exiting

• LogCon
    LogCon

I don't think education has anything to do with it, however, the Society must come with something fresh

and different, from time to time, to keep peoples attention on them. I'm sure there are a number of choice

subjects they have on the board. Keep the pot boiling and keep the thinking process off-balance.

When I say fresh and different, I don't mean literally. Much of this is hashed and re-hashed, however, the

attention span of most Witnesses is limited. Every so often, the same tripe must be regurgitated, with different

words and different pictures. NEW LIGHT !

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

Interesting that the new April 2014 Awake magazine has another article on a brother who is University educated. It speaks of him being a 'pharmaceutical research(er) at the University of Ghent in Belgium'. Good thought writing commitee, BUT, where does the hypocrisy end??? I just had a family member who is in college have his 'privileges' removed because he didn't respect the WT's stand on higher education. Will the WT leaders ever let go of their arrogant opinions and realize they are just 'God's fellow workers'? 1 Cor. 3:9 Sheesh....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Converts who attended college then became JWs=OK

JWs who were raised in the religion and go to college=Not OK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit