Do you beleive in ghosts??

by quellycatface 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I shall check those recommendations out civicsi00. The evidence is fascinating when one looks. Ill also check out Witness My Furys links also. I always look at both sides. Critical thinking and resonating sound hollow, when coming from people who do not debate but snipe.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

There's nothing to debate.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Of course not!

• pbrow
    pbrow

I like to to make pottery with ghosts and sing "unchained melody" while feeling up demi moore!

pbrow

• Island Man
    Island Man

No.

We now know so much about how the brain operates that there are now very rational explanations for such sightings. For example, it is now known that persons grieving the death of a loved one can sometimes have hallucinations of seeing and speaking with the "ghost" of the dead relative. Such hallucinations could have been the genesis of the idea of ghosts and the immortality of the soul.

You cannot trust everything you see with your eyes because you actually see with your brain - that highly suggestible organ. Ask Derren Brown.

• Witness My Fury
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Exactly Island Man, that is why I stopped believing my own experience was real when I was researching this stuff age 40. Learning something about how the brain works and all the different sleep disorders etc made it all very clear what had happened.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wish I believed in gosts. Does that count? I would love to communicate with those who lived before me. I just don't think a conversation will happen. If you can arrange something, let me know.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Please don't assume skeptics never have weird experiences. They just resist the urge to rush to supernatural explanations.

And I can understand this if the experience is more on the vague side. Sometimes though, the experience is not vague and very specific things happen and there is communication and comprehension and things that happen that can have no other explanation. Our experience wasn't vague and there were several eye witnesses who have never forgotten what happened. I'm glad we had the experience because we have no doubt that human beings are not alone. There is intelligent life besides us. If this hasn't happened to you, I can understand your feelings on the subject. When I say you, I mean anyone reading this who hasn't had experience with the supernatural.

Our experience wasn't a weird, vague experience. It was very specific and unmistakable. I haven't sought out such an experience again. Once is enough for me.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

FHN what exactly was your experience? You have mentioned it before and said you dont want to repeat it, but you dont even link to where you talked about it before...

By exactly I mean in every detail. If you arent sure of a detail please say that you arent sure and be honest with yourself in your recollection.

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit