Do you beleive in ghosts??

by quellycatface 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

OMG, they made a movie about my ghost experience!?!

Black ghosts, fake stories, what iz happening to ghost thread?

• cofty
    cofty

I understand people's doubts if they haven't had experiences with the supernatural FHN

Everyone's a skeptic until something happens to them. - RIF

Please don't assume skeptics never have weird experiences. They just resist the urge to rush to supernatural explanations.

• cofty
    cofty

Here is an example of somebody who will swear to their dying day that they slept in a haunted house...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

When I was about 8 I had a new friend come over for dinner. Trevor was tubby and ginger.

It was summer and my mother and I picked him up from his home and drove him the 2 miles to our old large house (compared to his). It was late afternoon. There are mirrors all over the place in this house as my mother has always liked them.

We arrive home and within about 3 minutes Trevor asked for the toilet. Our loo was upstairs, which for him meant a trip up there on his own, 1st door on the right, I waited at the bottom of the stairs in the hallway. Within 30 seconds I hear crying and Trevor comes rushing back down and tells me he saw a "witch" and is in a distressed state and wants to go home.

I live in that house and have done so since birth, I fear the supernatural and have already had what I then thought was my own experience aged six, yet I doubt his account right then right there.

I tell mother the problem and we drive him back home again.

So what is the most likely explanation here?

He saw a witch?

He was a scared little boy who saw a reflection he didnt understand and his imagination jumped to an incorrect conclusion?

My 8 year old supernatural fearing brain said he made a mistake.

How about a poll? Anyone here think he saw a witch? If so why exactly?

I bet if Trevor was on this forum now he may well give his "experience" here and may even still believe he saw something. The human brain sees with more than the eyes, the brain fills in a lot of gaps and does processing on the fly, mistakes are sometimes made.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

LOL indeed `sceptics` don’t never rush to supernatural explanations, they just say that one quantum particle can be in two places at once and slap the label science on it. Rational explanations are only ever owned by sceptics for sure!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

So you think he saw a witch? Is that because you think you saw a magician too? Cool.

How about the simpler explanation of "I was wrong, I was mistaken"? Isnt that easier than the very real problem of supporting the supernatural claims with evidence and testable explanations.

Dont let pride get in the way of evidence and reason.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I see a ghost every time I look in the mirror...

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I think those who think they own the testable domain of life are testing to see if the universe is a hologram at the moment, so I heard. It is interesting that they think there is a test to see if everything that has been tested so far isn’t really real in the first place.

Don’t worry though because obviously the tools used to do the testing are definitely real, unlike everything else.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

This is a topic that has fascinated me ever since about 2 years ago. I, too, used to believe that "ghosts" were just Satan and his demons playing around with us, trying to scare us or make us fear them. But then I started to research this phenomenom and found that life does exist after we die. Many are quick to deny this and dismiss it all as having a logical explanation. I agree that some instances can be disproved, but many more instances cannot.

I highly recommend you watch a TV program called Paranormal Witness. Most of the episodes are on Netflix. Start by watching Season 1, episode 3. The family interviewed had ACTUAL video evidence that something in their house was trying to hurt them. The more I studied events such as these, the more convinced I became that "ghosts" are real. I no longer believe it is Satan or his demons. I believe "ghosts" are people who have died but remain on earth for some unknown reason.

You may also research something called The Scole Experiment. It is a documentary on Netflix as well. The Scole Experiment is about a group of mediums and scientists who came together to study the afterlife during the 80s and 90s. Their findings are interesting as well.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The Scole experiment? Really?

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4179

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18658

If you WANT to believe in these things you will. No amount of critical thinking or reason will overcome your bias.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit