Finally decided to introduce myself here

by cookiemaster 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hey man,

Welcome to freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of expression..... Normal life.

We are getting lots of new people lately, they seem generally more informed or open minded from the start which is awesome.

This forum and I believe the democratic (largely) and informative internet, is quelling the Watchtowers grip on people.

Well done for having the balls to go to college, you won't regret it. I once chose pioneering over education, took me many years and much difficulty to make up for that error.

Be strong and welcome to enlightenment xxx

snare x

• Jen1
    Jen1

Hello and welcome

I am new as well. Late 40s fading very very slowly! Get an eduation! Its important If only I had!

Love cookies. My husband and I like the soft ones! Love the odd doughnut as well, at least I do, but not to often.

take care Jen1 x

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Greetings Cookie and welcome. I cannot tell you how much this forum has liberated me. It's an amazing source of friendship and information.

I hope you are recovering from you "Sunday Satire Session", aka the Watchtower. I also hated the WT conductor, which did'nt help any. He could'nt even get my name right. The bastard.

Brilliant, Fabulous and Awesome that you are going to college. New information, environment and potential for life long friendships.

I hope one day you will be able to escape the Borg. Take each day as it comes.

Enjoy the week.

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

Welcome! I'm exactly in the same situation.

Enjoy the freedom of this forum. How different from the spirit of the Borg!

• zeb
    zeb

I stopped commenting a l-o-n-g time before i stopped going. For one reason i noticed the wt conductor looked at the clock as soon as I spoke, I guess he did that with others but i didnt notice. Like a lot of elders he thought he was a stand up comedian and frequently made fun of peoples comments; so guess what very few commented at all only the old brigade with their standard answers.

• zeb
    zeb

Gayle U have a pm.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Words can't express how genuinly impressed I am by your warm welcoming. Your kind words have thouched my heart. Also, I need to thank many of you for the great pieces of advice you gave me. I also loved all the jokes you made. I wish I could answer to each and every one of you but you are so many and I don't want to spam this forum.

The funny thing about my situation is that despite my mom being an uber duber j dub since the early 70's, she now regrets not getting an education because everyone told her the big A was coming soon. She supports me fully to get a higher education because of the hard life she had after stoping from pioneering. My father really doesn't care, he's ok with it either way. Nevertheless, the CO kinda pressures me to enroll to Bethel and give up college. Of course I won't do that, but I want to refuse him gently so he won't make a big deal out of it.

I think the WT must have like a team of psychologists, specialized in mind control, that gives them advice now how to keep the sheep meek. The CO himself he's happy at least I'm not studying psychology or philosophy because those areas of study don't go well with being a JW (he's right, they make you to harder subject for mind control). About the elder assigning me to read, it's because we live in a very small town where most JW's are so uneducated that they can barely read fluently, and that's why I read every single Sunday. Thanks for listening to my story, it's therapeutic to have a place where you can write what goes through your mind. Thank you all !

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome - glad you have developed a full apostate vocabulary,,,,

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So glad you can see through it all. Get your degree and a good job and then you can slowly fade.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Proud of your strength to see through the blackmail, wish I had done that and got an education way back when I was leaving school. Sorry you have to live with the paranoia, hope that you find a way out in the end.

Best regards

Chicken little

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit