Finally decided to introduce myself here

by cookiemaster 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Hey guys ! I've stopped believing the Watchtower crap a few years ago. I achieved this on my own, despite being raised as one. Later I discovered forums such as this which I find very entertaining to read, but also to offer great support. In my time reading posts on this forum I learned some of the terms used here, such as j dubs, the borg and so on. I am still in the borg because my family, my friends and pretty much everyone I know and care about are in so I can't leave. In the meantime I've also secretly become an atheist.

Obviously I don't have even an ounce of faith in WT but obviously I choose not to leave. I'm a little paranoid about them finding I post on this forum so I'll keep the details as vague as possible. I can say that I live somewhere in Europe, I'm in my early 20's, I go to college and try to live as normally as possible. Sometimes life in the borg get too stupid and I feel the need to talk to someone about it, and that's why I'm happy this forum exists.

Today's WT study article kept going on about how getting a college education means becoming a slave of Satan (it's actually what it said) and that the WT is confident young Jdubs will make the right choice and become slaves of Jokehova (another term I learned here). I'm assigned to read each Sunday, and now everyone was obviously giving me dirty looks because I've chosen college instead of pioneering. I didn't give any answer today because it feels extremely hypocritical, especially when such stupidities are being said. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to having interesting conversations with you guys.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi cookiemaster, welcome to JWN. Its important to have somewhere you can be yourself.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome cookiemaster, Congradulations on attending college! College is a great place to make new non-JW friends and to have fun as well as to study. If JWs look down on you, be happy inside that you will not be suffering as much as they are when the Big A doesn't happen.

If you want to learn how to help your JW family and friends to critically think for themselves, please read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Love Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Beliefs"), visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com, and watching videos on his website.

Best of wishes with continueing your college education.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hello from California!

I'm glad to hear your story -- I love reading about people who wake up much earlier than I did. So smart and so wise.

• adamah
    adamah

Welcome aboard, Cookiemaster!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi Cookie!

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Wow, so manny responses in such a short amount of time. Thank you ! You guys really made me feel better after spending 2 hours of being looked at as the slave of Satan. Sorry for the silly username but it's intentionally made different from everything else I use online so that nobody that knows me will recognize me ( yeah, I'm that paranoid). Anyway, thanks again for warm welcoming and the support ! You guys are awesome !

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

We are very pleased to have you here Cookiemaster! Are you a baker or just a cookielover?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit