Finally decided to introduce myself here

by cookiemaster 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Cookie maker, cookie eater = CookieMaster!

Hello from The North Pacific!

Good for you for waking up early and also being smart enough NOT to waste your youth on pioneering.

LoisLane

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hiya dude, well done for working it out so young, takes some of us TWICE as long as you!

• designs
    designs

Welcome

• steve2
    steve2

Once you go over to "the Dark Side" (of furthering your education) you realize it's all about information control.

College education opens up the very doors and windows that JWs are "qualified" to clean, lets in the lovely clear light that the Watchtower tries to snuff out and puts a larger pay packet in your pocket that the organization wants to get its grubby hands on.

When you see the deep-seated organizational hypocrisy, you realize with full force where "the Dark Side" really is: In the dimly lit Kingdom Halls that drearily shadow the globe.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi there. Good luck on making it out completely.

• titch
    titch

Cookiemaster (or, Cookiemeister, perhaps): Welcome to this forum. If people give you dirty looks because of your own individual choice to attend college, well, then that's THEIR problem, not yours. As a radio talk-show host here in the California area once said. "Deal with it." Enjoy those cookies!

Titch

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Welcome! Cookiemonster, 38 years ago, my father told me if I wanted to go to the university to study structural engineering I would have to move out. Seventeen years old with no resources, I stayed. I wish that I had the chance to do it all again, I would have walked out and lived on the street if needed. Stay your course, you'll do fine. As mentioned, there's some of us that it took longer to figure out the Ponzi scheme.

• losingit
    losingit

Welcome! CCongratulations on your college education! Keep it up!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! Happy you joined and said hi. You are wise to do your schooling. My children will without a doubt. I don't know how some parents sit thru lessons like today and know they will get their kids schooling. As a JW I couldn't sit thru lessons like today and know I was going to disobey. Strange religion. I know for a fact a few in the hall have plans to get their kids schooling After high school. How you can comment and listen to that and still do your own thing is beyond me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit