Finally decided to introduce myself here

by cookiemaster 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A BIG Phizzy WELCOME !

Keep up your education, not just at College, but elsewhere too, JW's are deliberately kept in ignorance of everything about the real world, another control mechanism. Whatever happens in the future, we are here for you with advice if you wish, or simply to listen.

Just remember that Cognitive Dissonance is bad for you, so make sure you get rid of any and all JW ideas eventually.

You are not paranoid about keeping your real I.D safe, continue to do so, and then you are free to post what you like here, and free to do the Perfect Fade whenever you decide to do so.

Keep on posting !

• jemba
    jemba

Welcome!! Sounds like youre a smart cookie.

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

Cookiemaster,

Glad to see another defector here! I've only been here less than a week and I'm already waiting for a call from the elders saying they've found me out! It's horrible realizing the mind control they have, had or have had....

I'm waiting for payday so I can run out and get a few books recommended here. I need some reality checks and help to overcome the fears installed for so many years. I too have family in this mess. I'm struggling to stay quite. Glad to see your posts and look forward to reading more posts from you...

I now wonder how many in just my hall are waking up, but not ready to leave due to family and fear.

congrats on college, Keep it up!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Welcome!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cookiemaster,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

Every time a new one signs on I keep hoping it will be one of my children. Still it makes me happy to see young ones waking up and realizing they've been manipulated and lied to. You have some tough choices ahead of you. Take your time and think them through carefully. Don't do anything rash.

CM: I didn't give any answer today because it feels extremely hypocritical,

This is a perfect example of how the WT/GB manipulates people. They make YOU feel guilty because you want to live your own life. The fact is, THEY are the hypocrites telling US how WE should live when they live a cushy life with no financial worries supported by donations of millions of gullible, but well-intentioned people around the earth.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Oubliette

Hi cookiemaster,

As a fellow European (dutchmen in Spain) I'd like to welcome you!

You describe yourself as a nonbeliever and even a secret atheist.
    How long do you think you can keep up the appearance of a JW?

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

HOI cookiemaster.

I totally feel you. I have a position in the congregation and I go to college and it was a killer. I do not regret the decision of going either. I love it. Stay strong brother, and I wish you the best.

• flipper
    flipper

COOKIEMASTER- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. I'm glad that your mind is free of the WT mind control. I understand the need for caution in dealing with your JW relatives still in but keep on educating yourself in college and online to solidify your decisions in life. We are here for you as a support. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Again thank you for your warm welcome. Your insight and advices seem very wise and are welcome. I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only recent defector and that they're also other newbies around here. Angus I also wonder how many just hang around so they won't be disfellowshiped and shunned by everyone. To answer 1009's question, I can keep up appearences for decades if needed but if I'll see a right moment to get myself and my family out I will seize it without hesitation. I just have to play it cautious for now. Oubliette I agree that their mental control is very powerful. Thoughtless I'm glad you made it and thanks for the kind words. Mr. Flipper, thanks for the support, it's exactly why I came here. It's hard to be alone surounded by meek WT sheep, being the only one who thinks freely. That's why I appreciate this forum so much. I don't have to be alone in all this and I finally have a place where I can speak my mind about all this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit