Did you think Dinosaurs were destroyed in the Flood?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

As a JW I knew they lived and died millions of years ago. Not sure how some dubs believe this idiocy. I was taught the creation periods were indeterminate amounts of time and the earth was very very old. I can't believe that article from the seventies Blondy quoted. Wow.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

My parents taught me that the dinosaurs were destroyed in the flood. They said it with conviction so I took it as fact. Mom had a little trouble using the Bible to prove that each of the creative days were exactly 7000 years long. I wasn't completely convinced but since Armageddon was coming any day I didn't think it really mattered.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The Watchtower Boy

JW Mama said......that dinosaurs were ornry, because they had all them sharp teeth and no tooth brush.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Outlaw,

Your images say it all. I am particularly enjoying them today.

If any of us born-ins even approach sanity today, it is a miracle. Oh, how i identified with concentration camps and all horrors growing up. We were not raised with comfort in safety of the world. The sewer story is sad, too. You could have been injured. We were sewer people. Give me your poor and persecuted. The big A happening any minute. What a nice world view.

My father was such an antiCatholic zealot. What the neighbors must have thought about us! Oh, my teachers could not say much but I hope they were sorry for me. It all seems funny and over the top drama tonight. Homeland is coming on soon. Now I know why I wonder how any one person can take all the violence. Other kids are shielded from violence. We had front run seats every meeting. I wonder if we also have impairments surrounding boredom.

• kaik
    kaik

Dinosaurs did not coexist with people or any large mammals. They ruled Earth for 175 milion years and went through several evolutionary stages, where some large dinosaurs even did not lived at the same period. Dinosarus, all large animals, and fish had disappeared in 65mil years ago due combination of asteroid impact and Deccan trap volcanic activity. There is clear and visible K-T boundary (modern times named K-Pg) which show division between Cretaceous and Paleogene period. It is universally located around the Earth and is known to science for 140 years. Dinousars lived in different climate that mammals and could not live within the same food chain, flora, and weather partern.

Even Catholic church and most of the European christian denominations take evolution as a scientific fact and do not have problem with it. It is only deal break for US born, extremist, religious denominations. Dinosarus were not destoyed by Noe flood and there is also no evidence that this biblical event had happened globally. I have never believed that the dinosaurs were destroyed by flood.

• rmt1
    rmt1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratornithidae

"Teratornis woodburnensis. [ 2 ] The first species to be found north of the La Brea Tar Pits, this partial specimen was discovered at Legion Park, Woodburn, Oregon. It is known from a humerus, parts of the cranium, beak, sternum, and vertebrae which indicate an estimated wingspan of over 4 meters (14 ft). The find dates to the late Pleistocene, between 11,000 and 12,000 years ago, in a strata which is filled with the bones of Mastodon, Sloth and Condors, and bears evidence of human habitation."

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Dinosaurs lived, but were too big to save in the Flood, and besides they had outlived their purpose of fertilizing the earth. I feel stupid for the thinking I had when I was 'in'.

It shows how the mind works. We use our intelligence to come up with seemingly plausible reasons to justify the impossible things we are forced to believe.

• prologos
    prologos

what intrigues me is the size of these beasts, even elephants are really limited if ever they fall badly.

and the size of these flying monsters, now only fossils.

to me these are not land animals, more like the giant rays, hippos, mostly living half submerged, bouoyed by water, but laying eggs on land.

perhaps rather than drown in the flood, they were left high and dry when water receded, water being locked up, sequestered in the expanding polar Ice shelfs moving south. and north, (Anzacs beware!)

A great show! showing what creative evolution can do, given a chance.

They died long before the deluge that happend halfway out past the romans killing Christ, not enough time for the rock to harden around the Dino bones.

make no bones about it. but did they not find dino tissue likened to a roosters "comb" recently in spain?, no petrification, not even putrification needed?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Nonsense! The dinosaurs were wiped out when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem!

• prologos
    prologos

We know Wt in the RNWT changed Asses to Donkeys, but Dinos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit