Did you think Dinosaurs were destroyed in the Flood?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I did.

In our JW Bible, they placed a friendly Dinosaur on the inside front cover on the old time map of the Middle East.

You look at that, and see where the placement to where the Garden of Eden is and that was the image I got in my mind.

Dinosaurs lived, but were too big to save in the Flood, and besides they had outlived their purpose of fertilizing the earth.

I feel stupid for the thinking I had when I was 'in'.

Is that how you 'thought' when you were 'in'?

LoisLane

• blondie
    blondie

Well, the current non-jw school of thought is that dinosaurs survived in the form of birds.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/01/090127165505.htm

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibitions/dinosaurs-ancient-fossils-new-discoveries/extinction/dinosaurs-survive

The WTS theory......

*** w73 7/15 p. 447 Questions From Readers ***

Dinosaurs were reptiles, and some kinds of dinosaurs bear strong resemblance structurally and otherwise to lizards (sauros is, in fact, the Greek word for “lizard”; saura in Leviticus 11:29, LXX). Not all types of dinosaurs were of such gigantic size. Hence, even if they had survived till the Flood, this would not have required taking pairs of the mammoth varieties into the ark. Other smaller members of the particular family or “kind” to which these belonged would have sufficed to fulfill the divine command.—Gen. 6:19, 20; 7:14.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

As a child I did.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did you think Dinosaurs were destroyed in the Flood?

Of Course..Thats what JW Kids are taught..

There were no mountians before the flood either..

The weight of the water pushed them up..

One Day this JW Kid will be an Elder!

..................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Lois,

It was so long ago. I probably did. This past year I purchased the orange Paradise is Lost book from Amazon for one dollar. It was over $75. at a JW niche site. It was supposed to be a gag gift for my brother who also grew up with that book. Oh, we were terrified of the drawings. Inside the front cover, there is map of the Middle East. There was a single dinosaur wandering around all lonesome up North in the map. I laughed so hard! Maybe Dino from the Flintstones became lost. I believe Rome and Jerusalem are marked along with the Garden of Eden. What a jumble of time periods.

I recall we learned things about dinosaurs through the Society but I can't remember what it was. The book is a hoot if you are an adult and out of the Witnesses. My family used to travel to Manhattan to visit the dinosaur bones at the Museum of Natural History all the time. Our local city had small dinoasaurs. New York had to do on a large scale. Unlike the drawings of babies being sacrified to a cow god or God destroying people with the flood, the lone dino looks like Dino. He isn't very ferocious.

I am laughing so hard b/c others here will know what I mean. Oh, this is why I love it here many times. Where else can I laugh so hard about what older people taught me? Every single one of us should have had a valid excuse for Fs in Science. Aaaaah, it is hilarious now but I was so freaked out. When you combine all the museums/exhibits/special programs I attended with the KH stuff, and factor in some ignorant Roman Catholic fok beliefs, I have no clue what I once believed.

I was young when JFK died so the reporters talked about Catholic beliefs to educate a Protestant audience. I mixed the all mess up. Did I get in trouble! A few moments on TV with the newscaster and I believed in purgatory and saints. It sounds to me that the Witnesses would blame the flood. Now kids don't seem to know any Bible stories. So many were popping up in my little head. Also, the assembly speakers would say that Jehovah was present. I kept seaching for Jehovah in heating ducts. I don't know what I would do if I ever found Jehovah in the ducts! LOL.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I also thought I would be forced to live in the sewer when "we would be forced underground during persecution". ugg. So my cousins and I made up a knotted rope w/ a cross stick to lower ourselves under sewer grates to explore the storm sewers in town. Our folks could not understand the facination with sewers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I also thought I would be forced to live in the sewer when "we would be forced underground during persecution". ugg.

.. ......We were going to be put in.. ..

..............Concentration Camps......................................Thanks Mom!..

.........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Did I believe dinosaurs destroyed in flood. Embarrased to say yes I did. Daughter and granddaughter explained that it coudn't have happened the way JWs taught. Oh to be colleged educated.

• bafh
    bafh

I saw an interesting documentary recently that explains the current theory that it was an asteroid. Works for me.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I never believed dinosaurs were in the garden of Eden even as a born in. I always figured they were part of an earlier creative day with each creative day being of an indefinite amount of time. Perhaps I was a bad witness kid for believing that but when u live near the Smithsonian and see the museum of natural history it's kind of ridiculous to think they were on earth for a biblical flood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit