Did you think Dinosaurs were destroyed in the Flood?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

Pro logos they found mummified evidence of the rooster comb. It was still from millions of years ago.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Dinosaurs were reptiles, and some kinds of dinosaurs bear strong resemblance structurally and otherwise to lizards (sauros is, in fact, the Greek word for “lizard”; saura in Leviticus 11:29, LXX).

Is it me or does this read as though they are suggesting that the ancient Greeks called them dinosaurs? Or am I being overly cynical?

• DS211
    DS211

Billy: The old nwt said "ass":...didnt say whose ass it was :-O. They promptly many years later changed it to donkeys so no one could prove it was just a baby t-rex.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Even as a little guy, I had trouble swallowing the idea that dinos and humans were ever contemporaries.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

a few years ago when i still was vocal about the inconsistencies in that religion when talking to my family, my mother told me that the dinosaurs were used to eat all the huge vegetation that existed before the garden of eden was created. some sort of godly lawn mowers in other words. and of course to provide fuel in our days.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

my mother told me that the dinosaurs were used.............. and of course to provide fuel in our days.

LOL.......there must have been a hell-of-a lot of Dinosaurs on earth to provide millions of barrels of oil per day and billions of barrels in oil reservoirs. I underestimated the tunnelling ability of T-Rexes to dig that far down with those little T-Rex arms.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

oh and t-rexes weren't carnivores of course. carnivores only existed after the flood. t-rex teeth were perfectly formed to eat all those big ass ferns and other plants. i wonder what sharks ate back then.

• DS211
    DS211

Wait wait wait this thread wouldnt be complete without this:

Dinosaur fossils are used as evidence to support the theory of evolution. However, when we look closer, we can see that the fossil record in fact supports the creationist perspective.

Dinosaurs and the Flood

Palais de la Decouverte Tyrannosaurus rex

Dinosaurs were buried rapidly. They are sometimes found in large numbers, and often have distinct stream orientation, which means that they were washed into position by a flood. Scientists say that floods often happened in the plains where the dinosaurs lived.

However, dinosaur fossil beds sometimes stretch over thousands of square kilometers. These beds are not made from small, seasonal floods.

Some dinosaur fossils were even found in marine deposits, suggesting that they were washed out to sea. Not too long ago, a Scelidosaurus fossil was found surrounded by algae and mollusks. This fossil even had skin tissue. i

Dinosaurs in the Fossil Record

The heaviest dinosaur on record is the 100-ton Argentinosaurus. The largest is a sauropod that could have been 50 meters long and 14 meters tall. These animals do not prove evolution, but rather disprove it. Animals with such diversity in size and form must have had a recognizable lineage, but this lineage cannot be found in the fossil record.

Large groups of dinosaur eggs have been found in Argentina, and scientists believe these clusters were dinosaur nurseries. However, these well-preserved eggs were buried rapidly in silt from a flood. ii

An article about paleontologist Luis Chiappe and the Argentinean cluster of dinosaur eggs says this:

Scientists found so many embryonic remains that it appears catastrophe struck the nesting ground, keeping many eggs from hatching…Floods may have penetrated the porous shells and drowned the embryos. iii

Dinosaurs and Birds

Some say that dinosaurs did not become extinct, but rather evolved into the birds we see today. The evolution of birds is traced to dinosaurs, but there are some major problems with these assumptions. The feathered dinosaur Compsognathus has been linked to birds, but only because it has feathers.

Birds lack the embryonic thumb that dinosaurs had, making it “almost impossible” for them to be related. iv As well, the differences between the dinosaur lung and the bird lung make it unlikely that birds could have evolved from dinosaurs. Scientist John Ruben and his team studied the feathered Sinosauropteryx, and said that its “bellowlike lungs could not have evolved into the high-performance lungs of modern birds.” v

Fossils are the crux of the theory of evolution. However, the very fossils so crucial to evolution contain evidence to prove that dinosaurs and birds are in fact not related. The fossil evidence also shows proof of a worldwide flood, which could destroy the very foundations of the evolutionary theory.

---ok have at it ;-)

DS

• DS211
    DS211

Oh and. JHofer excellent point....negates the whole idea very simply.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Birds lack the embryonic thumb that dinosaurs had, making it 'almost impossible' for them to be related."

I wonder what these clowns would say if/when Jack Horner and his people successfully retroengineer a small diosaur from a chicken embryo...

http://www.livescience.com/17642-chickenosaurus-jack-horner-create-dinosaur.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit