My Story

by Brother Mike 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Go find your friend! You and he can be a support for each other. I'm really sorry about your dad eh. Here you can find out all sorts of interesting stuff and meet with people who understand the journey you're taking. It's not easy, but you are not alone.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hope you stick around awhile.

• bohm
    bohm

hI, im sorry for your tragic loss. this place has a lot of history and things can get heated sometimes. Hope you stick around.

• designs
    designs

Compadres here

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Stay with us Bro, many of us have been through very similar experiences to you, so we are hear to support and help you in any way we can.

Sending you positive vibes.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Dear Brother Michael

Welcome back.

We'd love to read your story when you are ready.

No matter how "long, heart stopping, tragic, and puzzling".

Most of us can relate.

Some of us may have been through worse - although that may be hard to believe right now.

Many here are very willing to offer their time and suggestions - please feel free to ask anything, anytime.

We are here for you during this challenging and possibly chaotic time.

It is a process - you will find your feet and more - identity, belief system, peace and happiness.

My prayers are with you.

Greetings

Fernando

South East Queensland, Australia

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Brother Mike Sorry you have had such a tough time. First take time for yourself and allow your self time to grieve for your dad. If you need time alone take it. Bro Mike you need to also grieve for your new knowledge of the WTBTS. I left JWs 20 years ago but it was simply I waa not cutting ties with my df'd son. One year ago I stumbled across JWN since I have found so much Unknown info on the org. I have gone thru many emotions from anger, grief, and I'm starting to be more confortable with my new knowledge. Now you lost a friend. You must now take care of Mike. Best wishes and do take care of yourself. Love Gma

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Brother Mike, these things take time. I discovered a flaw in my Watchtower armor when they changed the meaning of "generation" in 1995, yet I did not leave. A good 6 years later, I was pretty much confident that things were seriously wrong, yet I did not leave. I had convinced myself that I belonged there and was living a better life there regardless of the problems. Then things happened to let me see that I wasn't really making a difference there, and I wasn't really happy there.

All that time contemplating, and for ten years I would not do the most obvious thing- investigate "Jehovah's Witnesses" freely (primarily on the internet) and go past the boundaries set by Watchtower, feeling free to look at what former members have said.

One day, my last straw was loaded on the camel's back and I did finally do what I needed to do. Then I still took 9 months to "get outta there."

I literally tried to take that easy way out before I became a JW. I won't bore you with the details here in this comment, but I became a JW and never got the help I needed until after I stopped going to the Kingdom Hall. Despite 20 years passing since that incident, the depression came back worse than ever because of the additional realization that I wasn't in "the truth" afterall. I had to seek the professional help I should have gotten 20 years sooner.

You are having a rough time right now. Please take care of yourself and reach out for help wherever you need to. PM me or those you feel most comfortable with if you want to exchange personal contact information and speak freely.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry about the loss of your Father.

Carry on educating yourself and work out your exit strategy, you will eventually regret all the time you waste in the cult. For me it is 42 years that I will never get back.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Sorry dude.

What ^^they^^ said.

take your time man, make the truth your own. Whatever you find the truth to be.

(if you DO, will you let me know please?!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit