Am I missing something here ?

by smiddy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What does Christ say? We never hear any details. I am curious. IN all my time on this forum with the voice hearers, I have yet to hear what the grand message is. It is a reasonable question to ask. Why would Christ choose you over all the millions praying to Him is another obvious question? I prayed for so long, too. No response from Christ. We are told that testing is important. What type of test? Does Christ do SATS, GREs, or LSATS?

It takes much of the majesty out of Christ. Enquiring minds want to know......It is not fair to raise the issue on a forum and then not answer. How do we know it is not a fraud? Wishful thinking? I don't believe Jesus' own brother James heard from him. Peter never mentioned it. When mystics describe it, it sounds as though they refer to an internal process within their own mind.

• tec
    tec

Tec, I have been talking to God daily for more than 20 years, listening for answers, or any kind of communication from God, Jesus, Spirit, anyone... And... Nothing!

And don't say it's me, because I truly believed. (Now, not so much).

Could be you just didn't recognize Him, or how the Spirit speaks. He was speaking to me before I knew His voice. I just never realized that He was supposed to speak, or that it was even possible, so I never thought I could have been hearing Him. That is what I have been told by others who hear Him also.

Hi Tec. What do you see in these visions and dreams? What does christ say to you?

I have never had a vision. I know someone who has though. In dreams, I will sometimes recieve an answer to something I have asked or even direction to do something, but was unable to hear otherwise (for whatever reason).

"Why do you complain to him that he answers none of man's words?

For God does speak - now one way, now another - though man may not percieve it.

In a dream, in a vision of hte night,

when deep sleep ffalls on men as they slumber in their beds..." Job 31:13-15

love it to hear how Christians think Jesus really DOES communicate with mankind today - pity he’s so selective and leaves out all the Moslems, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews etc etc.

Not everyone WILL or will WANT to hear Him. But He speaks to all. He is standing at the door and knocking. Some cannot hear Him.

And where are the prophets like Noah, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah etc, who he spoke to audibly so they didn't have to interpret visions?

He speaks the same way now, as when the prophets of old also heard. And there were plenty of visions that these ones were also given, though it is not for men to interpret them... until/unless the Spirit (Chirst) explains/enables one to do so.

Come on Tec! Have you noticed how these floaty jesus lovers NEVER answer a direct question?

I answer direct questions. I don't always give personal specifics, mind you.

What does his / her voice sound like Tec.

Quiet, calm, sure.

Tec, does it work like this?

Nothing is showing up on my end.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Peter never mentioned it.... Band

He did mention it:

In Peter's vision from Acts 10:11-20:

"He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles fo the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."

Note that the voice is identified as his Lord (Christ).

The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon's house was and stopped at the gate. They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there. While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."

We have an example not just from Peter alone, but also from others, including this one from Phillip about the Ethiopian, also in Acts 8:29:

The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it."

So the vision is over; Peter is just thinking about the vision... and the Spirit spoke to him.

Just a couple for you to consider, Band.

I am off to bed, it is WAY too late here, lol.

Peace to you all,

tammy

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

ablebodiedman said, “Everything Jesus Christ said would happen 2000 years ago is really happening right now” and then goes on to say, “He also told us what he would do and say when he does return! The fact that he has not yet returned and said those things…”, which contradicts the first statement for clearly, “Everything” isn’t happening right now - Matt 24:29-31 for example. As for the rest of what Jesus said, well that's been going on since forever, not just now.
    TEC said regarding Moslems, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews etc, “He speaks to all. He is standing at the door and knocking. Some cannot hear Him”. Of course they can’t hear him, how can an isolated Buddhist in outback Tibet hear him unless he actually speaks? You know, speaks with a voice like he did to Noah and Jonah. And regarding the prophets like Noah etc, TEC said, “He speaks the same way now” Please tell us who this modern day Noah is. What’s his name and address? I would like to get in touch with him.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Accept everything that Jesus wrote down.

Doug

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I am not aware that Jesus wrote down anything. Well, anything that has survived anyway.

• cofty
    cofty

Exactly!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Jehovah and Jesus are whispering into the ears of the Governing Body, new light every other week or so. Of course, those 8 men are so very humble that they would not dare reveal to anyone about their "special communication" with Jah and JC. And, of course, this is all happens invisibly during their weekly GB meetings at Bethel!--------Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

So Tec, you dont have visions? Yet christ talks to you in your dreams? Maybe christs visual wire is unplugged and he can only do audio? I am just trying to understand.

GA

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear eyeuse2beadub,

I think even in those Meetings of the GB the messages must be vague ,or difficult to hear or something. An old boy I knew who spent his last years at H.Q said that on many occasions he had passed the door of the Weekly Meeting and heard "voices raised in argument".

Perhaps Big J and Little J did not agree, and he heard them disputing, and not the humble GB ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit