Am I missing something here ?

by smiddy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tiki
    tiki

smiddy - surely you forget the papal eight..........

• Simon
    Simon

What does his / her voice sound like Tec. We hear thousands of different and varied voices on TV and in movie - please tell us who sounds most like the same voice. What could be more glorious than sharing the sound of god's voice with the world eh?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

And may I add, their has been no communication from Jesus during these past 2000 years either, giving us enlightend /updates about his sayings /prophecys that he gave while on earth 2000 years ago.

Please explain.

Smiddy,

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen 2000 years ago is really happening right now!

Already it is incredibly exciting!

He also told us what he would do and say when he does return!

The fact that he has not yet returned and said those things means there is still some limited time to listen to what he said 2000 years ago.

He already told us what to do and what to expect if we do listen to what he said 2000 years ago and also what to expect if we ignore it.

There is nothing missing!

The rest is up to us.

abe

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Smiddy, most religions have to explain why their deity has now gone silent.... Most say he will return soon for all to See.

It's funny, how many times will in christianity Jesus return, he died and came back several times already! He came back to his apostles, to the women, as a stranger on a beach, to Pentecost, then to Paul 30 years later on the road to damascus...

But they all sit awaiting his SECOND coming, I make it his 6th at least!

You know those game shows where you can win a big prize, hidden behind a curtain....... all you have to do is just hand over your life, your money and your loyalty to his representitives on earth and honestly, no really.... You can meet the guy behind the curtain!

• snare&racket
  • highroad
    highroad

Smiddy, this is something that started bothering me months before I started having serious doubts about the WT. That had already been troubling to me and then the GB decides that there was not even a FDS to distribute spiritual food from the time of Jesus' death till 1919? How can that be explained?

• stillin
    stillin

Seems like it's always somebody else who wins the lottery.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

" But there IS communication. From the Spirit (who IS Christ)... who does speak, as well as communication via dreams and even visions."

Not sure mental illnesses count?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

As the following verses state, Jesus only promised that the Holy Spirit would speak through people and not to them, and would always be with them. I guess only Jesus Christ and angels can speak to people. Of course, you are free to believe it or not.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Matthew 1:20 - But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:11 - “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Matthew 4:1 - [ Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness ] Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Matthew 10:19-20 - 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Fatherspeaking through you.

Matthew 12:31-32 - 31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this ageor in the age to come.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

John 14:15-18 - [ Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit ] 15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be [a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Smiddy,

You're not missing anything.

There are no updates. But if there were an update how many do you think would believe it? Or more importantly, would like what was said?

Jesus said it all. We just have to clear away the barnacles that others have covered his words with.

Pelican

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit