The elders came by and my DA letter

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The lead elder CO of my hall said he was going to push for a JC meeting. I could tell all along all hes interested in is protecting his god the ORG.

So I'm 90% sure now of going on the offesive and first having a family meeting telling them I'm offically quitting and how its going to play out and how I'll will be shunned even though I have commited no sin. I also may explain a little of why and how i came to this decision with out bashing the ORG to much out of respect for my wife. The I'll will read my DA letter to the family and finally go over the WT 2009 about ones leaving their religion.

Here is a Draft of my DA letter, please give me advise on grammar as well as any other pionters. I tried to keep it small and to the piont knowing only 1 elder may read it.

Dear elders of the Dec.1, 2013

Congregation at #########

As you are well aware the Governing Body teaches that the 144,000 are the Sons of God exclusively. They alone have Holy Spirit poured out over them (the Anointing), have Jesus as their Mediator, and receive the free gift of Salvation. They alone are Born Again, partake of the emblems and are under the New Covenant.

In retrospect the rest of faithful mankind have nothing, these teachings strip Us spiritually naked. Since we are not to partake of the emblems, Christ says we do not have life in ourselves. (John 6:53-54) Since we do not have the Holy Spirit, Paul writes then we do not belong to Christ at all. (Rom 8:9) Jesus told Nicodemus that if one is not re-born in water and spirit then one cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven.(John 3:3,5) Finally if not under the New Covenant then was the point at all?

These teachings make it obvious why the leaders of this religion like to preach we must follow them in order earn Salvation. {2011Wt. July 15 pg24, 2010Wt. Sept.15 pg23, 2013Wt. July 15 pg 20}

Well gentlemen the bible disagrees with your leaders understanding. It says there is no Favoritism among his followers and all who believe in Jesus do the will of his Father and have love, are born of God! Jesus is also the Messiah and Mediator for All Mankind. (Ro 2:11, James 3:17, 1John 4:7-8, 1John 5:1, Matt. 12:50, 1John 2:29, 1Tim. 2:5-6, John 3:16)

Your religion offers me nothing but slavery to an Organization and we know what the bible says about being slaves to men.

I’m happy to say that our heavenly Father Jehovah has called me to his Son Jesus Christ, and I am now an adopted Son of God, like so many true Christians who know that Jesus is The Way the Truth and the Light and no one comes to the Father except through him. (John 14:6) Please remove me from your ranks as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, for now I am divinely called a Christian. Acts 11:26 YLT.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I understand from the letter that you are a principled believer in God and his son. It is a very good letter. You made and documented your points.

My very best wishes for you and your family.......... may you they love one another unconditionally.

Gio

• Comatose
    Comatose

Crazy guy, that's a great great letter. I like it a lot.

In your second paragraph last sentence I'd add a word for clarification. Maybe this - Finally, if we are not under the New Covenant then what was the point at all?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Crazyguy ... You've got BALLS!!! lol

LoisLane

• clarity
    clarity

Crazyguy

I like it a lot too... the letter (in my head) would be

much like this, & also want to make sure that they

know that I consider following/obeying the GB ....

to be BLASPHEMY & Idolatry !

Nice going!

clarity

• Watkins
    Watkins

That's a fine letter, CG - straight to the point of what CHRISTian really means! I'm sure there are LOTS of other points you'd like to make, but keeping it short 'n' sweet almost guarantees it'll be read to the end... maybe planting a little seed. (:

I didn't see any errors. Ya done good. I hope your wife takes it well - I hope she understands - I hope she gets out of that cult right along with you!

W~

• Laika
    Laika

Very good letter!

• rebel8
    rebel8

If you do this then you are imposing upon your family the requirement to shun you.

Why play by their rules? JMHO

• whathappened
    whathappened

Your letter and sentiments meet with my approval, even though personally, I would never give a judicial committee the honor and dignity of my time and attention. They have no authority over me and cannot require me to do anything.

• suavojr
    suavojr

It is a good letter and this shows the WT is not interested in what the Bible truly teaches. Even if you remove the ending where you state you are no longer a JW, the next question from the elders would be: Do you beleive the GB is the FDS and appointed by God?

Rock on crazyguy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit