The elders came by and my DA letter

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, You wrote a heartfelt letter, but DITTO what rebel8 wrote about not playing by the WTBTS's rules.

Ignor, evade, and/or delay meeting with the elders until you can help your family to critically think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• freeinmichigan
    freeinmichigan

I think this is an excellent letter, and I hope you find some relief in writing it, although I'm also with Rebel and Abiblestudent, I hope you don't totally regret sending in this letter down the road, it's such a permenent thing to do, why not consider just to file it away for now, and simply become inactive and ask them kindly to leave you alone. my spouse and I did this and although we are getting shunned pretty much like we were d/f'd or d/a'd we still can have some contact with certain family members who want it, and also it gives a bad wittness to our non Jw family & friends when they see how we are being treated and we tell them we just simply became inactive, that's all. It kinda feels like our way of exposing the Jw's nonchristian behaviors, which I'm sure gets back to my family and must irritate the heck out of them. Just my thoughts & experience anyway. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I just like to clarify that, it looks like the impending doom is coming, I have faded for most of the year but now the elders want to JC me, so I'm not sure what I can do as far as delaying the action as some of you suggest I do. I will hold off until the meeting is scheduled and either give this letter to an elder or go to the JC and blast them. But in the end I don't think there's anyway to avoid the eventual outcome and I'm thinking that going on the offensive will atleast give me a chance to talk with my kids. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great letter.

What are your thoughts on sending to branch/es (first/only)?

If you'd like to compare with a similar DA letter, you're welcome to PM me.

• Mum
    Mum

Why not publish it in the local newspaper? (If they will publish it for you)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Nice letter which gets straight to your point. I wonder if a DA letter ever made an elder think?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Why send a letter to the are souls who are going to tell your family and friends to shun you? Why do you owe them a letter?

If you feel compelled to write a letter, consider mass mailing it to all of the people that they are going to warn not to talk to you from now on, and don't send a copy to any of the hierachy of this pathetic little cult so that they don't get the opportunity to warn the proles not to read it.

It's like talking to the JW at your door. Never talk to the one that is obviously taking the lead. Address your question to the weakest one and put the psychological pressure on them to be the one to answer you.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would rather send a letter so as to DA myself then be DF'd, at least this way I went out on my terms instead of someone telling another that they DF'd me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Very noble, CG, but it plays the game the way the hierachy want it and to the hierachy's advantage.

What is the advantage to you and to the people still in that you will still want to communicate with? Maybe there aren't any people, in which case I understand where you are coming from.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Personally, I would never d/a myself.. I know from personal experience on the B O E that they just love it a potentially tricky situation resolves in this way "Phew!" "That's a relief" ....It gets them out of a time consuming round of J C meetings and appeals . You are giving them an easy ride. If they catch up with me I will stretch out the J C process and appeal and make them work for the satisfaction of seeing me gone . It also would get me out of any family accusation of throwing in the towell, or "walking away from Jehovah"........

But your letter is fine if you want to send it.. It is YOU from the heart, that is what counts..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit