The elders came by and my DA letter

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They want to df me for promoting sects, except the only comments i have made are to the elders themselves and very minor ones at that. I guess the CO can't take it. The last time they came over i told them i was just making sure of all things and that i don't want to be caught as a liar and showed scripture on how we're accountable like in proverbs and james.

I think i stepped over their line when i mentioned that Jesus said 'where there are 2 or more he is with them. and paul writing that theirs will be sects and the righteous will manifest themselves and also i may have mentioned paul s comments on how hes not going to step on anothers fondation by preacher where someone's else has already preached about christ. I also mentioned the 1984 wt that had 15 people on it saying this generation will not pass away and that i was in service handing these out and this of course didn't happen. I think these little comments were just too much for their cult minds to handle.

I think the letter is more away for me to not be DF'd but to show me quitting and i plan on reading to my family and there is were i hope to get the impact from it not to try to convince one elder of TTATT. What other option do I have, go in and some how grovel to the elders at the JC meeting so as to not be DF''d I would never do that and even if i tried im not that convincing of an actor. From the very start the CO was the one i discussed with my findings about the mediator and he would say many times that if i don't agree then maybe i should quit, stating he was a baptist and quit to become a jw implying it was no big deal. This should me that hes been more concerned about is precious ORg than anything else.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, Have you started bible study nights with your family? Studying the bible with your family may help your wife to understand what you believe and you may be able to show your wife how Jesus Christ felt about how the Pharisees and Sadducees victimized the Jews. Weren't the Pharisees and Sadducees God's channel to the Jews?

Reading Steve Hassan's Books will help you to identify BITE control techniques in the Bible that the Pharisees and Sadducees used to victimize the Jews. Let your wife draw her own conclucions about the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• KateWild
    KateWild

CG, you have a plan and that is good, you are prepared for a JC invitation. It's your choice do you want to attend or not? If so what will you say? If so what are your reasons for going? If not how will you avoid it, and what are your reasons for doing so?

Get all this sorted in your head after you have spoken to your family and see how they react. The letter is good, I hope your family are loving, please keep us informed.

Take care love Sam xx

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey CG,

I understand. Thanks for sharing that. I guess my immediate thought is, how does your DA impact your family, vs you playign the game and NOT gettign disfellowshipped?

Its not about groveling. You don't even have to meet witht hem. All you have to do is say you ahven't been to meetings, you aren't starting a sect, you have not commited a sin to be disfellowshipped for, and you consider their attempts to further contact you to be harrasment.

Ask for their accusations in writing perhaps?

I would say if you really want to go out in a blaze of glory, go in there and record the nonsense. Seriously. Record all of the ridiculous comments these guys would make. Don't feel comfortable sharing your voice? We can do a transcript. But lets expose these practices if you have made up your mind about DAing. Recording is a great weapon in this. It simply cannot be ignored. The "secret meetings" are not secret any longer. You just maintain your cool, explain that you simply feel differently about the religion of your youth, and that is it. No sect creating, you are not spreading lies, you are not sinning. What reason could they possibly have for disconnecting you? Get it on tape!

I personally would never allow them to kick me out for the sole reason that it would lessen my impact on friends and family that I wish to try to help.

• Emery
    Emery

Why not send a copy of the letter to every JW you know by email so they also know why you left instead of leaving it in the hands of 1 or 2 elders to read? If you go out, why not go out with a bang? This not only is something the Watchtower would hate, but it can leave the doors open for people to respond. Who knows, there maybe some around your area curious to the TTATT. Also, as a theological pointer, you could mention Ephesians 4:4 where it shows 1 hope, 1 body.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Writing a letter to disassociate yourself is playing by their rules.

I disagree with this sentiment, and other similar sentiments, but only based on the content of the letter, and for this reason:

Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. - Matt 10:32

I can see myself writing a similar letter in the future.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Absolute contempt is the powerful position.

• DS211
    DS211

Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit