Thinkin' some words I can't name ya

Meet ya halfway got nothin' to say

Still I don't s'pose I can blame ya

Seems to me you don't wanna talk about it

Seems to me you just turn your pretty head

Walk Away"

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

don't go...don't give them your head on a plate....because if you appear to disagree with them on anything you will be seen as apostate/evil influence on others in the congregation.....best to not turn up ....for the time being you have the power .....

• stillin
    stillin

Boc, why is that a familiar piece of verse?

crazyguy, are you a threat to the congregation? Have you been making "wicked suggestions?" If you made some sort of moral misstep, could you not acknowledge it to prevent DFing? Do you care if they DF you? The DA letter is a great thing for some as a sort of catharsis, but I doubt that anybody really thinks about the words that you write so IMO, if you are ready to take the leap then have your say at a JC or simply ignore them. It's a toss up. It's very possible that the punishment is way out of proportion with your "crime." You might point out the simple facts to them. There's a chance that one of them actually cares about you.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Do neither. Let it all rest on them. If they step over the line, appeal and give them heck. If you want to leave anyway, why give them power in your life? The only power they have is imagined.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Petty tyrants. Why give them an inch? Turn your back and walk away.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

They called me and said I was to be at the

KH for a JC and I told them I would not be there.

They called later and said, the decision was to

DF.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You could attend the next Sunday meeting in ashes and sackcloth, rip your garments, fall on the floor and wail your grief and remorse.

It's not as though they can say you're doing anything unbiblical.

If they're going to go Hebrew Scriptures on you, then you should too.

• cofty
    cofty

Show them no respect or cooperation.

I was reading about hundreds of East Germans who fled to Hungary in 1989 hoping they would be allowed to leave for West Germany. Eventully the GDR agreed they could leave on sealed trains that travelled back via East Germany but they would have to surrender their ID papers to Stasi officers on the train. When the police walked down the carriages demanding the documents everybody threw them on the floor so they had to get down on their knees and grovel around to retrieve them.

It was a small victory against oppression.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

I f they have even the slightest suspicion that you are a doubter or evn an apostate,they WANT you to write a (DA) letter and they WANT to have their little jc powertrip.They need to have you classified and categorised.

So..my suggestion is what many others have said;do the opposite of what they want and IGNORE THEM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit