To DA myself or to go to JC meeting, that is the question

by Crazyguy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The answer depends upon your mental state. If you are strong and willing to have a little fun, a JC could be interesting. It could also be unnecessarily stressful - so your call. Remember this is the beginning of the rest of your life. What happens at the end is irrelevent to your upcoming new life.

Good luck.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

If you didn't give them much, why do they feel they can go the JC route? That is kind of odd.

I would say if you truely believe they have made up their mind, get serious about it, get ready to record it, and go at it. Since you are anticipating their actions, have some very specific questions already going in your mind. Go in there knowing you are recording it.

If you don't have the stomach for that no worries. Just refuse to meet with them. Tellt hem you want the reason they want to meet with you, and what you are being charged with in writing. Don't DA. Like others have said, its not even a real thing. its simply something they made up. Don't allow they to screw with you.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, What about option 3: ignor them! You are too busy enjoying life to be bothered to meet with the elders/hyporcrites or write a silly letter to the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone who you love,

Robert

• mind blown
    mind blown

DA Your terms.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

By the time the elders decided to call me for a meeting over my being seen buying lottery tickets I was so far removed from any jw mindest that it just didn't matter what they thought or did in relation to how I now lived my life.

I had no problems meeting with them but I was going out on my terms. I don't think it was a jc meeting as there were only two elders attending. But from the start I let them know where I stood, and informed them that they would not be disfellowshipping me as I was disassociating. They did not ask for any letter, nor was one provided.

They may have felt they had a victory, but in my mind I was content that the victory was mine. I was out - formally.

cheeses. out and free for longer than I was in.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I will not DA myself and if you proceed with DFing then expect a lawsuit

I`m with Oubliette on this one with the addition of stating that if they go ahead with taking action against you , you in turn will make a complaint to the branch office in your country naming the elders involved complaining about how they have treated you .If you live outside of the USA ,also state you will make a formal complaint against each elder who is in this congregation involved in this action to headquarters in New York or wherever it is now.

I took this action years ago not expecting anything but a disfellowshipping against a brother who I was defending and they backed off completely just reproving him with restrictions . ( frankly I was amazed )

Lesson learned ? They were shit scared I was going to name them individually in a complaint to the branch office .they didnt want that mark against them

Lesson 2 ? I realised I could manipulate them , the elders , that was when I realised for the first time that this was not an organisation directed by any God.

And that was the beginning of my exit from this man made cult religion .

smiddy

• Watkins
    Watkins

CrazyGuy - Ignore them - they want you to fear them. Show NO fear! Their chains are broken and they no longer have you tethered to their wacky theology. I SO HOPE you're able to reason with your wife - she should know you're not the demon they're trying to make you seem like.

stillin - those are the lyrics from The James Gang's(Joe Walsh) song "Walk Away". I had that album in the early 70's. :)

Thanks for that, BoC - I was hummin' along. ;)

W~

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Everybody has already said it some form. I would add that you could say "I only want serve God and that has nothing to do with attending a meeting that you want to have." Then IGNORE IGNORE them.

Unless of course you want their good graces and want to plead innocence about something? I doubt that. You can be nice while not giving them your personal power.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Just tell them to pound sound.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Follow in CAAs footsteps on this one if you decide to DA, write the letter but don't sign it ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit