serious question for evolutionist,

by unstopableravens 220 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

prologos: lol, you crack me up. The only problem is your explanation is no less fanciful than the "real" ones :-).

• bohm
    bohm

unstopable: If the world rest on four giant elephants, would it be that hard to believe the elephants stand on a giant turtle?

you begin out with an assumption, that the god of the bible exist, and then you discard all evidence that contradict your conclusion. Its not a reasonable thing to do, its not how you get to the truth of the matter.

Think of how the watchtower start out by the assumption they are Gods organization, and throw all evidence to the contrary under the bus.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" If the world rest on four giant elephants, would it be that hard to believe the elephants stand on a giant turtle?"

Very good line of reasoning.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thats different we can prove that the world does not rest on elephants or turtles, okay how about this statement, "if god there were no god, than there would be no atheist"

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"if the god of the bible is real, would it be that hard to believe he can bring and put whereever however?" - unstop

Short answer, NO.

Read your statement a few times and you might catch something. What with the slave mentally. You just described a horrible, horrible been. If your "bottom line" really is preach and convert, you are doing the exact opposite.

I don't want to be part of, or have anything to do with the thing you just described.

"It has always seemed absurd to suppose that a god would choose for his companions, during all eternity, the dear souls whose highest and only ambition is to obey." - Robert G. Ingersoll (1833 – 1899)

“And why does this same god tell me how to raise my children, when he had who had to drown his?" - Robert G. Ingersoll (1833 – 1899)

Ismael

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"okay how about this statement, "if god there were no god, than there would be no atheist" - unstop

Really?

• bohm
    bohm

unstop: thats different we can prove that the world does not rest on elephants or turtles,

Can we? How so? sure I cannot give you an explanation of why you cant see the elephants, but just as it is possible for god to put the koalas back at australia by his awsome powers, it is possible for the gods who made the universe to have made the elephants invisible using their awesome powers. In fact, I can proove this must have been the case, because we cannot see the elephants!

Notice how I started out with a conclusion and made the facts fit..

Unstopable: okay how about this statement, "if god there were no god, than there would be no atheist"

I assume there is an extra god in the sentence. I dont get the point. An atheist is someone who does not believe there is a god. The statement is equivalent to saying: If there was no Santa, there would be no people who believed there was no Santa". Sure we can say that, but why do you think it is true?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

point is, god created you and if god was not real, than you would not be here

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Point is: no point.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

unstop.

If I say there is a purple bunny under my floorboards who created all things... Does you saying you don't believe in His Purple Bunnyness prove he exists and created you with the ability to doubt the existence of His carrot munching Greatness?

Curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit