serious question for evolutionist,

by unstopableravens 220 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Cofty: the problem is the comparison to racism or antisemitism is impossible to avoid when one choose to compare with ideas which are almost excludely held by racist antisemetic crackpots like holocaust denialism.

suppose i read a book and i think its fiction and wishfull thinking.

if i say: its equivalent to harry potter or: its equivalent to the protecols of zion; regardless of what i might believe about the people who support the book, they are going to react very differently to those comparisons.

dawkins has orher examples to illustrate the point and i wish he stuck to those..

• KateWild
    KateWild

To imply this is to willfully misunderstand his point.-cofty

Yes I am doing this. He could have said to teach the Isle of Mann Doesn't exist is a bad. But he needs shock value, and got it. He should have made a more pallatable comparison IMO, and I don't respect him because of this, among other things.

But I read the three chapters didn't I and found some intereating things in it that unstop may find interesting too. I am just warning unstop about Dawkins fundamentalism that's all.

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

I am just warning unstop about Dawkins fundamentalism

Fundamentalism is about an unchangeable a priori commitment to dogma regardless of the facts.

On what basis do you accuse Dawkins of that?

• KateWild
    KateWild

On what basis do you accuse Dawkins of that?-cofty

The first three chapters of "The Greatest Show on Earth" and his promotional video. For all the details go back over all the posts cofty, I am not writing an essay or I may go on your ignore list, and I don't want that, cos it's fun chatting to you

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

"uneducated churchgoer"

IMO this term shows his commitment to Atheism, and he is generalising. That just came to mind without me checking on my posts. It was a strange one that had no place in a science book.

Kate xx

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Unstoppable...

You can believe in a creator AND believe in evolution... that is called theistic evolution.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dainail: i know i "can" believe what ever i want, that does not mean its true. a person a can believe in god and evoultion, however a person can not believe in evolution and all of the bible. even jesus while on earth confirmed what was said about creation in the gensis account. sense i believe in gods word i believe in the adam and eve account.

• cofty
    cofty

sense i believe in gods word

Can't you see why this begs the question?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: what question?

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit