serious question for evolutionist,

by unstopableravens 220 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Unstop: a painting is a painting because it was painted, Yahweh is not a creation because he was not created.

this is one of the most circular arguments i have ever seen. You could just as well say god is creation because he was created!

avoid ray comfort, he will rot your brain.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

bohm: in all truth, i do like ray comfort i believe hes a believer and a brother in christ but i really dont watch much of his stuff(i do agree he made a fruit of himself with the bannana). i have some of his gospel tracts that i give out about salvation not evolution.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

paintings are painted, painters are conceived... what was the point?

• bohm
    bohm

unstop: Ray comfort has made a small fortune knowingly distorting evolutionary theory and "disproving" his strawman. I know he seems very convincing when he manage to make a college student look foolish, but if you do the least amount of research you will know why statements such as:

There is a big bang, life forms, and after millions of years a dog evolves. It is the first dog. He has got legs, tail, teeth, eyes - and it's good he has good he has eyes because he has to look for a female, he has been blind for millions of years but now he can see. He has got to find a female. She has got to be evolved at the right place at the right time with all the reproductive organs and a desire to mate. Because without a female, he is a dead dog.

is a complete strawman.

Can we agree the argument "Yahweh is not a creation because he was not created." is as circular as asserting the universe is not creation because it was not created?

• cofty
    cofty

unstop - Will you ever read a book about evolution or will you just keep on offering sound-bites that are "not even wrong"?

Please don't pretend you actually read "The Greatest Show on Earth". It was painfully obvious from your thread on it that you never got past the pictures and chapter headings.

There was no Adam and Eve. No fall from perfection. We evolved form non-human ancestors over millions of years. This is a fact. The sooner you embrace the evidence the better.

There is no point in being wrong any longer than necessary.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

bohm: if you deny a creator, you would ha ve to feel that way, if what i say is true than it is correct reasoning? is it not?

• bohm
    bohm

unstop: The argument is logically valid but circular. For example, if i assume god exist, the universe was created. If i assume god does not exist, the universe was not created.

If i assume my dog can talk, my dog can tell me stories at night and if I assume the hobbit is a historical document, mordor is a real place -- all examples of circular arguments.

does this get us anywhere in terms of demonstrating these statements are true?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Please don't pretend you actually read "The Greatest Show on Earth". It was painfully obvious from your thread on it that you never got past the pictures and chapter headings.-cofty

I think he has read it, but cannot convince me why the hairpin theory is not logical. He knew there were rabbits in ch1, I am giving unstop the benefit of the doubt.

Unstop I know you are at work so when you get a chance please explain why it's not a valid theory.

Love Kate xx

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

exactly, unstop. the problem is, what you say is not true, so it's not correct reasoning. it's not only not true, it's mostly laughable ridiculous. i mean... c'mon, what's up with the koalas? kangoroos, platypuses anyone?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: you are wrong i did read the book,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit