How can I stay motivated for field ministry?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

I stay totally away from religous subjects with my daughter. If we go there, her sheild goes up, and she shuts down.

She recently asked how was I doing? I responded..."You know I'm doing rather well. Actually, I think this is the most content I've ever felt"........dead silence on the other side of the phone........she expected me to say how rotten I'm doing because I'm not in the WTS......

• Fernando
    Fernando

How long have you been a "publisher of the good news" dear?

Would you like to study the "good news" according to Paul with me?

Would it be OK to start with the book of Romans dear?

I heard that more than half the Bible's references to "good news" are by Paul - do you think it is true dear?

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL, he watches football on "family study night". Not that I can blame him. He's so exhausted from underlining he has no energy left for serious study.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

jgnat, he's lucky to have you. My mother finally spoke up about her doubts only after she'd faded for a few years. Before that, there was no way she would talk about any of it. Its been a few years now that she and I have been able to talk about the TTAT. I never would have thought it was possible, so don't give up.

gorgia

• jgnat
    jgnat

In quiet moments he steals a look that tells me he knows how lucky he is.

It's not so bad a thing to know I am valued and wanted.

• carla
    carla

Don't let him count hours with you! I did that and it totally backfired! It gave him so many hours he turned into a super dub for awhile! He still did fs AND talking to me (or email) all of which he counted his time. I then had to insist he not count time with me as I found it insulting so it brought his hours back to normal times.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I like the way you write about hubby..you ovbiously love each other very much...ironic that i bet the congregation feels sorry for him being in a " divided household"

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL!!! Even Mr Apologist, SFPW can't say anything good about Field Circus!!!

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Tell him to grow a pair.

• jgnat
    jgnat

carla, I am offering faders carte blanche to count all their hours they spend chatting with me. Keep the elders off their back. Hubby hasn't taken me up on this offer yet. He still thinks Witnesses honestly count their hours. I also have supreme confidence in his natural laziness.

NH&H, we invited a couple from the Kingdom Hall in to our home. They will always be fringe Witnesses because the hubby is such a character. The wife is a sourpuss. After dinner which included home-made apple pie, she waxed eloquent of the blueberry pie she remembered in her youth. mmmmmm. So a few weeks later I sent them a home-made blueberry pie. The hubby still talks about this pie and other small acts of kindness to their family. This elderly couple likely need more support than they are getting but their children active in the service have no time, and the faded and disfellowshipped don't visit that often.

And you are right, my hubby is viewed with "sympathy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit