What kind of music do you listen to?

by Leander 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

Hmmm...how bout Rasputina - they're kind of...out there....

(Bet you've got a kick-ass CD and/or MP3 collection...too bad ya live halfway across the continent!)

And the intro to 'Scream of the Butterfly' - up to 0:10 - sounds REALLY like another song (like, exactly), but I can't place it. It is a female vocalist that picks up a really fast beat on the other one. I thought it was Rasputina, but none of their songs I have quite sound like it.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

Osmonds, of course.

Actually I enjoy:
    Classic Rock (e.g. Zep, Floyd, Hendrix)
    80's Pop (e.g. Madonna, Phil Collins, Blondie)
    80's Hard Rock -- my fav (e.g. Queensryche, Dream Theater, Van Halen, Def Lep, Scorps, Satriani)
    Metal (Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth)
    some alternative (Creed, Nirvana, etc.)

Can you tell I'm a Gen-Xer? Tried Death Metal, but got p*ssed when I could only understand 3 words per song. I can also tolerate other forms of music like country and hip-hop, but would not listen by choice.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

xan, rasputina is definately out there . good for listening to once in awhile .
    muahaha, i'm moving on saturday and leaving ALL my tunes here. i'll start a new collection when i get to where i'm going.. woo!

dunno about the intro to acid bath.. never heard anything that sounds like it before..

the scalpel shines in god's sunshine
    street lights whisper pain
    down here near the poison stream our god has gone insane

• Xander
    Xander

GAH! You can't just...dunno...TAKE THEM WITH YOU!?!? Maybe, oh, I guess...DROP THEM OFF IN OHIO on the way by???

I'll keep 'em safe...

Ah, you'll have fun building a new music collection.

Good luck with the trip!

Xander F

--George Santayana

• RR
    RR

oh man, I feel so out of place .... I listen to contemporary Christian music.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I also like 10,000 homo dj's

oooogah

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

UMMMM Did anyone guess that I like the Eagles???? I love southern rock, hard rock, country, pop hits, you name it I love it. I enjoy music on a theraputic level. When I hop in the truck the radio, goes on full blast, the windows rolled down, and I try very hard to drive 55. I even like Barry Manilow!!! I can always find a song to sing to( only my kids have to listen to me) , a song that will say how I am feeling for that day. Enjoyed all the post on this subject, it is interesting what others listen too, it give you an idea of what they are like. DD

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

take them with me xan?! are you kidding? my bags are packed to the nuts as it is.. all my discs could fill up a whole OTHER bag!
    starting brand new isn't as bad as it seems ! ok, i'm going to cheat and take ONE disc with me, hayden's last one.

the scalpel shines in god's sunshine
    street lights whisper pain
    down here near the poison stream our god has gone insane

• Xander
    Xander

listen to contemporary Christian music

Actually, it's really not that bad. Who is that girl...mmmm....Ginny Owens? Pretty good, really. Kinda gotta be in a mellow mood, though. Jars of Clay and P.O.D. have some decent songs as well.

Although I obviously don't agree with the message, I can certainly respect the artists' belief in it and their talent. I actually have a lot of respect for 'contemporary Christians' who have firm conviction in their own faith, but are open minded about others and don't force their beliefs on them - as *most* of the Christian entertainers are.

Xander F

--George Santayana

• RR
    RR

Xander

Actually, it's really not that bad. Who is that girl...mmmm....Ginny Owens? Pretty good, really. Kinda gotta be in a mellow mood, though. Jars of Clay and P.O.D. have some decent songs as well.

Well, as a witness, the thoughtr of christian music is repulsive. They [the JW's] give you the impression that all they sing about is trinity and hellfire. And such is not the case.

I was surprised to find that there is everything for everyone in Christian music, from country to rock, heavy metal, grunge, rap , you name it.

Most don't even know that Amy Grant was a Christian artist, she recorded over 20 contemporary albums before she went mainstream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit