What kind of music do you listen to?

by Leander 58 Replies latest jw friends

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

punk rawk: nofx, diesel boy, me first and the gimmie gimmies, no use for a name, naked jane

goth: deadsy, HIM

death metal: cryptopsy, dying fetus, vader

stoner/acid rock: acid bath, monster magnet

otherness: tori amos, the hip, matt good band, tool, NIN, nirvana, i mother earth, our lady peace, goo goo dolls, hayden

and i'm madly in love with shakira

when you blow out like a dead star it reminds me how uniform your beautiful is

• Xander
    Xander

Wow, mango, have heard of few of the bands you've listed outside of your 'otherness' section!

Hmmm...in fact...I think 'Monster Magnet' is it, and that from the Matrix soundtrack ('Look into your orb' - which does, in fact, rock most profoundly).

(EDIT: I do, in fact, like all the artists you've listed that I know of, might have to check out the others.

This thread rocks - I may keep myself busy on Gnutella tonight! )

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Home and dry-

yes psb is back..they are playing hammerstein ballroom in NYC
    in a few. ..come on over and we will hit lotus afterwards--ooogah

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

xander, if you have time tonight you have homework ...

dl acid bath's 'scream of the butterfly'; HIM's version of 'wicked game', as well as 'sigillum diaboli' (lol, this should definately remind you of me); and deadsy's 'future years'. muahahha!

haha, try to find some naked jane tunes too, they are so hilarious

when you blow out like a dead star it reminds me how uniform your beautiful is

• Xander
    Xander

LOL! Not much anymore - next week is finals. Just a couple projects to finish up in C and a few assignments in Java and I'll be done. (And it's easier to program when listening to intense music )

I'll look those up - thx!

(BTW, heard the 'Queen of the Damned' soundtrack? Some nice stuff on there - I suspect you might like. The Manson song is VERY good, Kidneythieves has a song off another album - 'Before I'm Dead' which is also pretty good)

Xander F

--George Santayana

• zanex
    zanex

korn, adema, mudvayne, limp bizkit, system of a down, the queen of the damned soundtrack, marilyn manson, these are the most recent ones tho.

-Z-

• Solace
    Solace

Anything with a good beat.
    Im from the Detroit area.
    I also love Enya, Cranberries, Celine Dion, Shakira and almost any female singer with a strong voice or message.
    Classical is nice to relax to while on line.

Sargon,
    I used to despise Lawrence Welk ballroom and polka music but now they remind me of my grandparents and make me smile when I hear them.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

My tastes run the gamut, so I'll post what I've been listening to this month.

Hard industrial: Crystal Method, "Tweekend"

Rock: Sum 41 "All Killer No Filler" (these guys rock)
    Creed both their cd's

Trance: Paul Van Dyk: "Out There and Back"

Eighties: Swing Out Sister, 1st album

Smooth Jazz: Joe Sample "Ashes to Ashes" superb jazz piano

Chill, triphop, down tempo: United Future Organization, the Cafe Del Mar series, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Wise Guys, Om Lounge series,
    Hotel Costes series.

Fav bands whose cd's I buy without hearing first: Sade, Everything But the Girl, US-3.

• lastcall
    lastcall

John Mayer is really good. Glen Phillips rocks. I'm a bigtime Toad the wet sprocket fan. Semisonic, Live, Matthew Sweet, The Matthew Good Band, Dexter Freebisch, Goo Goo Dolls,, Dave Matthews, although I like his songs better than his voice, Pat McGee band, Ramones,Weezer, Jayhawks, and stuff. I also like Britney Spears -- I watch her videos ( with sound turned to 0 ) every chance I get! Oh and I HATE kidrock.

• Xander
    Xander

Eighties: Swing Out Sister

HAH! That's a riot - I love em - almost no one else has even heard of them. Check out 'Kaleidoscope World' or 'Shapes & Patterns' - both much better than their debut album.

Xander F

--George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit