Well, I asked a question and his answer blew me away

by Lost his mind 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......................................................BROTHER JERAMY`s

.............Image result for fairy tales

I see. So basically I've been "marked," and you, flipper, and OUTLAW are the "judicial committee" who not only have the pulse on every member's trust meter, but are also self-appointed to guard against my "unenlightened viewpoint" (read: apostasy) about whatever it is I decide to discuss here as if there is only one type of opinion permitted in this forum, according to you. Does all that sound just a tad familiar?

The only People with Authority on this forum are Jehovah's Witness.Com Administration..

The Truth Is..

You saw an opportunity to Build a Straw Man...Then Destroy it..

It`s what the WBT$ does....It`s Extremely Dishonest..

(By the way, not a single thing I wrote had anything even remotely to do with "marriage and submissiveness." Not by a long shot. I can absolutely guarantee you that if it had been a man stating the exact same things as Lost his mind stated, my remarks would have been identical to those I gave to her.)

Another Straw Man to divert attention from your agenda here..

You would have supported the JW Spouse regardless of sex..And ..Vilified the Non JW Spouse..

It`s what the WBT$ does....It`s Extremely Dishonest..

Straw man

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on false representation of an opponent's argument.[1] To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.[2][3]

.......................http://dobrador.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/205495_10151724473103465_1533468322_n.jpg

• flipper
    flipper

Hey, lost his mind, you stated a good thread here. There is a thread on the front page "Heartbreaking talk with my Parents", bumped up after 2 years. This same story has been posted on this forum many times by many people. This is why so many JW's don't leave.

The denial of JW's is incredibly strong - they will insist to the public that there's no shunning, child abuse, male domination, etc. (Or that it's only a minor problem).

To Brother Jeramy - I welcome you posting here. But I certainly can not agree with you about the JWs. I know too much about them. I'd be willing to bet you are in so you don't lose loved ones.

You won't get much agreement on this board as far as giving the JW mindset equal consideration. Most here have had the blinders ripped off and are painfully aware of how harmful the religion is. But your posting is valuable, to illustrate such a different mindset.

I was done with religion by my teens and couldn't have cared less about any of them until I learned about the watchtower when I met Flipper. Now I will go out of my way to help someone get out with their health and sanity intact, and I'm not a particularly energetic person. I cant let slide excuses made for the JW's, even to be polite.

Also, welcome to Rebelfighter, hope you post more.

Mrs. Flipper

• Giordano
    Giordano

I can always do with a blessing Brother Jeramy....thank you.

The problem I stated is that in reading your posts it is difficult to understand where you are coming from......as a JW you seem to be a maverick on one hand and on the other you profess a love for the 'friends' and actively promote that religion as beneficial.

Other then the occasional power mad Elder and CO my memories are positive about the friends I got to know in a number of congregations and the rural area (where the need was great) I pioneered in for some 3 &1/2 years until my wife and I escaped.

We knew when we left that those friends would no longer feel comfortable associating with us....but it did not cause us to become bitter or hostile.

Two things have hardened my feelings about the WTBTS and the JW's who help perpetuate it . The first was Jonestown. This demonstrated what happens when you put your faith and trust in a dogma that compelled their believers to commit suicide, not only the adults, but they were also willing to sacrifice their children (though some were forced at gun point).

My feelings about the blood doctrine changed considerably....it is a monstrous belief that has contributed to the death of thousands. It is only one of many reckless beliefs that makes the practicing JW a co-criminal with the WTBTS on many different levels. We can blame the Society but we also have to blame those who do it’s bidding.

The 2nd issue I have with the religion is it's shunning policy. There is nothing so destructive in the JW world then shunning especially if a person simply changes their mind about the validity of their beliefs. Or refuses to sacrifice their loved one over Blood. The Society is a most reckless organization when it comes to the heath, education and well being of its members.

When I joined this forum some 5 years ago I was horrified that not only were they still shunning but had gone beyond the Bible to shun for any number of things and by doing that they were systematically destroying many families often over trifles.

I also learned of and experienced the tragic loss of a kind and thoughtful person on this forum to suicide because forced separation from family, children and even grandchildren takes a toll. We have a biological need for family and when family must shun they too are being punished. When one poster on here mentioned that he has never seen his grandchildren one has to wonder.

But then again the society has never been sensitive to the humanity of it's followers we were just numbers.

• flipper
    flipper

BROTHER JERAMY- You aren't being judged by anybody with any kind of power or a judicial committee. Apparently the only comparisons you can make are equated with being within the Jehovah's Witness universe. But if some of us here see manipulation of facts concerning the Jehovah's Witnesses or WT Society trying to say this organization has ANY semblance of Christianity- we WILL call you or anybody else out on that fact. If you do research regarding the no blood transfusion doctrines or the child abuse policies which are criminally horrid- you will see that the WT Society and Jehovah's Witnesses ARE indeed a criminal organization. Whether you care to admit to it or not is irrelevant. You will have to deal with the fact that you continue to support a criminal organization.

But if you keep insulting newer members such as Lost His Mind on here- you WILL be called out on it by several of us as we care about people. And don't try to make excuses for yourself- she herself called you an A-hole. If you don't get that message coming from multiple people then you are really deluding yourself and you will not evolve as a human beyond a certain point that you're at. Honesty is a bitch, but this is my opinion

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I may be an asshole (I even got banned from the OTHER ex-JW forum), but I'm no Brother Jeremy. lol
  • steve2
    steve2

Good morning. Brother Steve esquire here. When I comment, I convey an authorial air, a shade shy of pompous, and initially at least, bereft of the capacity to empathize with a nonwitness wife's protests about her inert husband's addiction to studying Watchtower publications. I champion the patriarchal worldview that posits the husband's need to have a submissive wife. Her protests prove she is not blameless and needs to take a good, hard look at herself. Is she driving the hapless husband into the remote arms of the Witnesses? Shame on her.

I deliver heavy tones reminiscent of JWs whilst asserting moral independence from the organization. I am who I say I am and I am p*ssed you morons do not accord me due respect when I comment. Over and out.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

20 years living with JW speak. OUCH! That she didn't leave already is a testament to her patience.

Her husband is trying to please everyone in his life. If he doesn't ask questions, he doesn't have to deal with the answers.

He is in a happy enough place-his family is happy with him, he still has a wife. He found the middle road so that he could keep it all. In his situation, he may feel as trapped as every JW with family/job connected to the Borg. His family home, his job-all in the same place.

He just trying to keep everyone happy(or off his back), perhaps, and not rock his own boat too much.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sounds like your husband is addicted to being a "bible study."

Fake christian love can be quite addictive.

• DesirousOfChange
  • Lost his mind
    Lost his mind
    Well, I just have to say, I love you guys for the support that has been given. On a side note, I asked him for a divorce last night because I couldn't take it any longer. This morning I found him reading my bible compared to the nwt. I don't have much hope though. When asked questions he just spouts jw doctrine. I will post at a later date questions about mediator, he thinks everyone's has Jesus as a mediator even though I have shown him articles that say it is only for the 144,000.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit