Well, I asked a question and his answer blew me away

by Lost his mind 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

flipper (as Mrs. Flipper) wrote . . .

Brother J. seemed to be talking to you the way a lot of JW men talk to women. And where the majority of posters here will offer support, the apologists are usually trying to convince everyone, including themselves, to stick to the old cult beliefs.

That's a convenient broadstroke to make, and quite in line with the typically seething anti-JW rhetoric that often gets thrown around here. It's also evident of the peculiarly perverse negativity in which that same rhetoric is baptized, to say nothing of the double-standard it employs. A great number of the anti-JWs on here exhibit the same mentality they themselves accuse Jehovah's Witnesses of possessing. The irony is painfully obvious.

And as I've already made abundantly clear several times, I'm certainly not a Watchtower Society apologist by any stretch of the imagination. Exactly the opposite, in fact. People may not like the fact that I remain active with Jehovah's Witnesses (as distinct from the Watchtower Society), nor understand or approve of why and under what circumstances I remain. But a Watchtower apologist I am not.

I do, though, love my fellow brothers and sisters.

As for my words to Lost his mind, they were honest and forthright (which I thought everyone likes on here, considering they hate the so-called "lies" of Jehovah's Witnesses), and spoken to an adult who, by making a choice to post such details on an open forum, invited open discussion. You may not have liked what I wrote, but such is the nature of this forum's environment. Frankly I could've written my words in the form of the most flowery poetry, and you still would not have approved. Such as it is. But overall, my words, forthright as they were, were nonetheless delivered with due respect.

Finally, it seems to be a pattern on here that people can freely hurl all manner of sharp criticisms and unrestrained ridicule against Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society (whether deserved or undeserved), and yet those same people vehemently object when even the slightest criticism is presented back at them from those of us who remain "in" and active, and who love our fellow Jehovah's Witness brothers and sisters. If this clear evidence of your double standard is lost on you -- a double standard, by the way, that many here accuse Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society of employing -- then you've got bigger problems than your disproportionate hatred for JWs and the WTS.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I believe that Bro. Jeramy made some good points, in that nobody wants to be controlled, by an organization, a person or anybody else who wants to subject you to their will. We all have the freedom to choose.

"Lost His Mind" seems to be describing someone who wants to be in the group,perhaps he admires the people within, but "Truth" does not matter so much to him. There are a lot like that in J W's , Mormons and the like

• flipper
    flipper

BROTHER JERAMY- My wife was and is correct in her assessment of the way you reason on things. You claim you are being " respectful " to this newer poster - however - you are casting her in a bad light by stating " perhaps you may wish to consider the possibility that your husband ( with his pro-JW stance - isn't the ONLY source of the problems you're experiencing. " Translation : She may be the source of his problems - THAT is what you're insinuating. You use double speak and innuendo's that cult mind controlled people use from any mind control cult.

At least I'm honest and call you out on your crap. This is a new board member who deserves support and all you are doing is trying to make her feel " guilty " for how she is feeling. She has no need to feel " guilty " about anything. Once again - an old trick used by people controlled by mind control cults. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

At least I'm honest and call you out on your crap. This is a new board member who deserves support and all you are doing is trying to make her feel " guilty " for how she is feeling. She has no need to feel " guilty " about anything. Once again - an old trick used by people controlled by mind control cults. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

............................Image result for Can I get an Amen

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

flipper, you wrote . . .

Translation : She may be the source of his problems - THAT is what you're insinuating.

No, that's actually not what I was insinuating at all. Re-read what I wrote. I encouraged her to look into her own attitude and behavior, rather than just her husband's, as contributing factors to the problems she and her husband are experiencing together. I never said, nor insinuated, that she was the "source of his problems."

Again, I'd encourage you to go back and re-read what I actually wrote. Because you're misconstruing my words and are attempting to make it appear that I'm saying something that, in fact, I am not at all saying.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No, that's actually not what I was insinuating at all. Re-read what I wrote......Brother Jeramy

OK

Finally you mention that you've "managed to keep your husband away" from meetings for two years, but that he continues to read Watchtower literature. This sounds, again, very controlling. Matched with your threat of divorce, it comes off as extremely manipulative. Isn't manipulation exactly what people accuse the Watchtower Society of engaging in?

Control. Negative categorizing. Manipulation. Threats of cutting ties.

According to you..She`s the Problem..

I never said, nor insinuated, that she was the "source of his problems.

Actually you did..We can see it for ourselves..

It`s hard to sell Bull Shit here,practically Impossible..

• flipper
    flipper

BROTHER JERAMY- Your statement, " I encouraged her to LOOK INTO HER OWN ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOR , rather than just her husband's , as contributing factors to the problems......... " I rest my case. You made my point. She's the " source of his problems " IS what you're insinuating.

Look - By addressing this as HER needing to adjust HER attitude - it helps YOU to justify that the Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs couldn't POSSIBLY be any of the problem between her and her husband. I helps YOU to feel more secure within your JW mentality that " nope - the JW cult can't be wrong - it's the unbelieving lady's misunderstanding of her husband's beliefs that is wrong. "

Which is the SAME patriarchal JW elder attitude of " man first, woman second" viewpoints that are taken by JW elders in telling JW women to STAY with an abusive JW husband and take physical or emotional abuse for years on end and then elders telling JW women " maybe YOU need to make changes sister and be more in subjection to your husband ! "

I saw this BS attitude for 44 years inside the criminal organization Jehovah's Witnesses elders and WT Society making women feel like lesser citizens and I won't tolerate calling you out that to make yourself comfortable in your twisted JW belief system - you are doing the same thing to this poster in a more subtle fashion . My older JW sister stayed with an abusive JW husband for 20 years and the elders told her " it was her fault, what was SHE doing to make him abusive. She wasn't submissive enough. " ?? That's called gaslighting making someone feel they are in the wrong when in fact they are not.

This poster doesn't need to make any changes other than not listening to your advice to make her feel unnecessary " guilt "

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy
    OUTLAW, you conveniently left out the last paragraph of my original comment where I stated that perhaps her husband isn't the only source of their problems.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW, you conveniently left out the last paragraph of my original comment where I stated that perhaps her husband isn't the only source of their problems.....Brother Jeramy
    Who could it be then,that your trying to identify as the source of the problems besides the husband?..

The Guy at the Corner Store?..The Neighbors Dog?..

The Lid that won`t Come Off the Jar of pre-made Spaghetti Sauce?..Or..

The woman Your Blaming,while Denying your Blaming Her?...
    At least "Attempt" to think of Something Intelligent to Say......Take your Time..

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Lost his mind & rebelfighter!

Watchtower is a 19th century apocalyptic movement that has survived and evolved into the 21st century to become a high control top-down bureaucratic corporation. And if you dare to suggest that something isn't quite right with Watchtower or JWs, you can be sure that their first response will be to BLAME YOU!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit