Well, I asked a question and his answer blew me away

by Lost his mind 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

BJ another convenient attempt to play the role of, or sound like, a moderate JW Elder. Unfortunately my friend there are no moderate JW's who exercise any degree of power.

She's on here venting and the only thing you can contribute is that maybe her husband isn't the only source of their problems.........How insightful. Indeed there may be other issues however it is not up to us to speculate we can only deal with what she has told us. Also apparently this has become a big issue between her her husband and other JW 's family members as well.

Sometimes to be effective one has to glean a bit more insight into the people involved. Sometimes that doesn't happen so we tend to be more conservative and encouraging and try to relate to a person through our own experiences.

Right now she is one pissed off lady and your smug J.W. approach is inappropriate....why because you are not a trusted person on this site and what Flipper and Outlaw are telling you is that you are going to be vocally blocked, chastised and criticizes trying to justify the JW unenlightened view point about marriage and submissiveness.

When you reach a point when you can be totally honest with us about your motives for being here you may gain a little credibility.

There are other sites where there are current or fading JW's that want to work from within to make changes to the WT.

Good luck to them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Rebelfighter Your introduction deserves a fresh thread of it's own as it was very compelling. Please feel free to copy and paste your posts and enter them by clicking on New Topic above. Make sure to title it

I know a number of people will want to read what you have shared with us and probably you will have many responses including many posters on this thread who would like to reply.

Thanks,

Gio

• steve2
    steve2

Meanwhile, whilst the males on the forum turn on each other and spit viciously manly tacks, the ranch wife calmly rounds up the skinny chickens that have come home to roost. She methodically slits their pulsating throats and tosses the headless carcasses one by one on top of her husband's piled-high Watchtower's and Awakes. At last suitably dead bodies gather round the magazines in sacrifical duty, with the crimson oozing globs penetrating and obliterating colorful pictures of paradise in limbo, permanently stuck "just around the corner".

Husband tills the fields, mistaking donkeys for oxen, unaware, unconcerned and untroubled and again getting ready to never attend meetings - meetings the remote Witnesses themselves don't expect him to ever attend - but men need to count time the way wives need to slaughter chickens and husbands toiling the donkey-proof land

This is an occasion for bitter tears and endless blame. It calls for sacrifice over and over and over. The marriage echoes to the music of "After All I've Done For You". It is a slow, miserable dirge.

Take that knife, honey, and let it rip. If there are more effective ways to critique Watchtower literature that tossing sacrifical chickens on it, I have yet to hear about them.

• Lost his mind
    Lost his mind
    Brother Jeremy, there are some many things I could say to you right now, but it would not be polite. But, bite me.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Brother Jeremy, there are some many things I could say to you right now, but it would not be polite.

But,bite me..... Lost his mind

......................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

• Lost his mind
    Lost his mind
    Mrs. Flipper, since I do live inCalifornia, I would love to meet you. It only takes me 6 hours to get there. I am continuing to read the post as I go, so the disjointed comments from me, well just ignore it.
  • Lost his mind
    Lost his mind

Brother Jeremy, after reading more I just have to call you an asshole. You have no idea what my life is like instead of the few snippets I have wrote. You are just the same judgmental bastard I would like to avoid. Holier than thou crap. You know best crap.

sorry to the rest of you, he really pissed me off.

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

Giordano, you wrote . . .

She's on here venting and the only thing you can contribute is that maybe her husband isn't the only source of their problems.........How insightful. Indeed there may be other issues however it is not up to us to speculate we can only deal with what she has told us.

Yes. And indeed indeed. And exactly. We can only deal with what she told us on this open discussion forum. But let the fact not be lost on us that her husband, whom Lost his mind has openly castigated here for no other expressed reason than that he remains unquestioning of Watchtower Society doctrine (very problematic, to be sure), isn't here to defend himself. She posted a "rant," as she put it, and offered several complaints. It was in light of those complaints, and their tone, that I offered my own comments free of anger, animosity, or contempt (which is far more than can be said of others here who have responded to my comments, including the latest from Lost his mind).

You further wrote . . .

You are not a trusted person on this site and what Flipper and Outlaw are telling you is that you are going to be vocally blocked, chastised and criticizes trying to justify the JW unenlightened view point about marriage and submissiveness.

I see. So basically I've been "marked," and you, flipper, and OUTLAW are the "judicial committee" who not only have the pulse on every member's trust meter, but are also self-appointed to guard against my "unenlightened viewpoint" (read: apostasy) about whatever it is I decide to discuss here as if there is only one type of opinion permitted in this forum, according to you. Does all that sound just a tad familiar?

(By the way, not a single thing I wrote had anything even remotely to do with "marriage and submissiveness." Not by a long shot. I can absolutely guarantee you that if it had been a man stating the exact same things as Lost his mind stated, my remarks would have been identical to those I gave to her.)

You further wrote . . .

When you reach a point when you can be totally honest with us about your motives for being here you may gain a little credibility.

Again, thanks for pointing out that you've appointed yourself this site's arbiter of trustworthiness and credibility, and for thereby appointing me to a probationary status akin to "unbaptized publisher." As for my motives for being here, they are my own and they shall remain my own. In fact, this site per its actual administrator(s) welcomes, invites, and ensures anonymity as a matter of course. Allow me to refresh your memory from the introduction on the front page of jehovahs-witness.com . . .

We're an independent community site offering support for both current and former Jehovah's Witnesses and anyone else who has been affected by the beliefs, doctrines and practices of the Jehovah's Witness religion as governed by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (WTB&TS).

We are not affiliated with the WTB&TS in any way and we take your privacy and security very seriously doing our utmost to protect your identity and provide a friendly, tolerant and informative environment where you can ask questions, share information and make new friends. Membership is completely free and anonymous so why not join today! (emphasis mine)

On that note . . .

Blessings.

BROTHER JERAMY

• steve2
    steve2

Brother Jeramy damns and blesses in the same breath and, in the process, ties himself into long-winded knots. Assumption-filled pronouncements he initially thought would lend a moral high ground to his commentary on someone else's marriage, back- fired in spectacular fashion. He is now driven to furiously face-save but alas! In doing so, mistakes long-winded lecturing for intelligently informed commentary. The hole he digs just gets bigger and bigger. He is learning the secret of being tiresome: He knows not when to stop.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The JW mindset is strong: Blame the victims!!

JW Leadership rules by this motto:

"The beatings will continue, until morale improves." - Sound familiar?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit