Well, I asked a question and his answer blew me away

by Lost his mind 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper
    BROTHER JERAMY- Telling a new board member who has experienced difficulties from her studying JW husband and fanatic JW relatives that if she leaves she is, " very controlling " - is VERY controlling of you to tell her this. It's her own damned personal life and who the hell do you think YOU are to tell her to leave or NOT to leave just because you feel she should not challenge her husbands beliefs or her JW relatives beliefs ? It's really none of your damned business or place to be telling this newer board member what to do or HOW she should feel. You really ARE coming off like the WT cult leaders who we often criticize here
  • flipper
    flipper
    LOST HIS MIND- Thanks for the further information regarding your husband. It sounds as if he looks to his sister and brother in law as parents so this listening to their every direction may have deeper ties inside him than only the JW cult- which is bad enough. He may have insecurities tied to listening to them as his replacement parents. I feel for you- you definitely have your hands full. But ultimately the decision is up to you what you end up doing. We are here as a support to you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

flipper, you wrote . . .

It's her own damned personal life and who the hell do you think YOU are to tell her to leave or NOT to leave just because you feel she should not challenge her husbands beliefs or her JW relatives beliefs ? It's really none of your damned business or place to be telling this newer board member what to do or HOW she should feel.

I agree, it's her life. It's also obvious that she volunteered her information on this open discussion board. I suppose she did this, oh I don't know, for discussion purposes perhaps? (Just a wild guess.)

You also wrote . . .

Telling a new board member who has experienced difficulties from her studying JW husband and fanatic JW relatives that if she leaves she is, " very controlling " - is VERY controlling of you to tell her this.

A vicious little circle, isn't it? This can only mean that -- wait for it, wait for it -- you're also being very controlling because you're telling me I'm being controlling for inferring that another person is being controlling for acting exactly like an organization she says is . . . controlling.

So I guess your formula is: non-JW can criticize JW and it is perfectly acceptable, but JW criticizes non-JW and it is controlling.

I see.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Even though you directly asked two Witnesses about their belief, and even though they directly answered you that Jesus is our mediator (which is, in fact, true; Jesus is our mediator; 1 Timothy 2:5, 6), you nonetheless called them liars. Is that not what people accuse the Watchtower Society of doing, calling people liars?....Brother Jeramy

Yes..With Good Reason..

Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" (1986) pp.10-11

You`ve confirmed what everyone already knows..

......Image result for watchtower logo

http://www.dragnix.net/Messages/truthlies.jpg

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

OUTLAW . . .

I agree with you. It is a lie for the Watchtower Society to claim that "Jesus Christ is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind." 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 makes it clear: Jesus is our mediator.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

WingCommander, no sex and we always met up at least 2 hours away from his home area as I traveled through his state which was quite frequent. We talk on the phone 4 or 5 times a day. I realize now he was trying to suggest that I make changes in my life, like drop membership in organizations. "How I read the Bible". Those comments went in one ear and out the other! One of his parting comments was "you fight everything you disagree with". I am sure that is why he did not discuss the JW beliefs directly with me. He knew I was a Certified Adult Volunteer for a youth organization we are trained to recognize emotional, physical and sexual abuse (not investigate) any signs we dial 911.

• flipper
    flipper

To our new poster "Lost his mind" - welcome from Mrs. Flipper. We would love to see you at Tahoe.

We get apologists here occasionally trying to defend the watchtower - I'd like to see your thread not get derailed by it. But it is interesting to see that mentality at work.

Myself, I was never a JW, and I see some of this stuff from a different perspective. Brother J. seemed to be talking to you the way a lot of JW men talk to women. And where the majority of posters here will offer support, the apologists are usually trying to convince everyone, including themselves, to stick to the old cult beliefs.

Yeah, I guess I get wound up about that stuff. Anyway, welcome - wish you better times ahead. PM if you'd like to talk. Mrs. Flip

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Steve2, had I been in a KH in Feb when that Noah cartoon had played I would not have required a mic. I conduct meetings without mics with 100 people in the room and can be heard perfectly fine. I had a child with Epstein Barre virus who missed the better part of 10th grade because he could not stay awake for more then 20 minutes. Kids get sick all the time. That is the most emotionally abusive piece of crap I have seen I would have left them known it on the spot!!!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I agree with you. It is a lie for the Watchtower Society to claim that "Jesus Christ is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind." 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 makes it clear: Jesus is our mediator.....Brother Jeramy

So your a Jehovah`s Witness that Admits the WBT$ Are Liars..LOL!!!!..

It`s obvious your not a Jehovah`s Witness..Someone Loyal to the WBT$ and follows WBT$ Teachings to the Letter..

Your a Jehovah`s Witness Fan,posing as a Jehovah`s Witness..

They`re usually Crazier than "REAL" Jehovah`s Witnesses..

• steve2
    steve2

I like that Brother Jeramy is on a steep learning curve regarding others' reactions and not above modifying his comments and acknowledging other points of view. That takes humility and goodwill

I agree with him that when posters divulge aspects of their marital or other relationships, they need to have a relatively robust capacity for hearing alternative views or takes on what they have divulged. it makes for healthy exchanges even when there are clear differences in opinion and experience.

I'd hate this forum to slam a poster simply because s/he took an alternative and perhaps more controversial view. That said, there are ways of wording views that reduce the likelihood of causing offense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit