How do you feel about Common Core education?

by nonjwspouse 107 Replies latest social current

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

The man behind the common core stated they goal was a 10th grade education for all children. Not a 12 year education. This is a step backwards, not forwads. it is reducing standards not increasing them.

Please provide a source for this.

And this

But the overall objective of this is about the federal government, and centeralized control over the education.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Berengaria , I will post some.

This is a blog link, I know. It contains links and explainations. Part of the reason many links are blogs etc, is that this is not making much news. Which doesn't suprise me. We all here know that some very important things just don't make the "news" rounds sometimes.

It's important to look behind something do very important as CCSS. Look into reasons WHY some states want out, are refusing the funding, etc. And more seem to be following.

http://deutsch29.wordpress.com/2013/11/03/my-local-teachers-union-and-superintendent-stand-against-common-core-and-parcc/

And this page tells more aboutthe policies, and some onfo on the McGraw Hill and David Coleman connection

http://deutsch29.wordpress.com/2013/10/13/the-common-core-public-license-guess-who-wins/

(Note: Pearson is positioned to run all aspects of CCSS, from examples, to curriculum to assessment. As for McGraw Hill: CCSS “architect” David Coleman sold his No Child Left Behind assessment-related company, Grow Network, to McGraw Hill in 2004. He then started his national standards writing company, Student Achievement Partners, in 2007. He is now president of College Board– one of the few groups at the CCSS planning table [see CCSS MOU in the RTTT application linked below].

CCSS is a layered business deal.)

David Coleman, never taught a class. He applied for a high school teaching job and was not accepted. He has degrees, but again, NEVER taught a class.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I still can't see where any of this is the horror that you propose. As I said, there will always being differences of opinion on the best way to achieve any goal. But this chicken little hysteria is just silly.

Were you so concerned when they rolled out No Child Left Behind?

You present arguments, but you don't back them up with evidence. May I ask where you first heard of Common Core?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

On a possesive nous worksneet, the entire page was devited to politics, one example of a sentance, was

"The wants of an individual are less important than the nations well being."

Does this sound just a teeny bit politically agenda drivin to you?

Pearson education is now saying they will "look into this" once people began complaining......

'

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I read heard about it in the media, as a positive replacement for the NCLB.

Like CC, NCLB at first seemed like a good change. Obviously, we all know by now it was not.

My sister is a school board president in Illinios and she looked into it extensivly, and found disturbing things about it. She has seen the slickCC presentations and the uninformed, go along attitudes of the school board members. She has brought some of this to thier attention and like many people, since they don't hear it on the news media outlets, they don't really take it seriously. Isn't it interesting how so many think if it isn't on the news media outlets, it isn't valid?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Again you are making statements with zero backup. Please provide support to your claims.

Did you know that Baptists in Texas perform human sacrifice in their churches?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I have provided a link to the document about the possive nous worksheet as well as other dicuments referenced within the blogs.

I will continue but it is taking me time to do the research. As I come to links I will provide more. My sister has more hard copy type things, and has been speaking with educators and politicians about it as well.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I have provided a link to the document about the possive nous worksheet as well as other dicuments referenced within the blogs.

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Can you repost.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

So I have a question. You are aware, that all of these specific materials have nothing to do with Common Core? It is up to each individual state and or district to choose the materials they will use?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ohh I have found it. Looks like that lesson is from 2007. And again, it is up to the district to adopt these materials.

I am most intereseted in the goal of 10th grade level. I can't find anything about that. Please help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit