The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

" If someone wants to help this site , I think they can post thier findings that led to their views " ____Fisherman

I'm not against that

There are plenty of threads that have proven the falsehoods of the WTS through the things that were found

and yet, regaurdless of the abundance of information , you still prefer to wait on the Great Tribulation.

Well help yourself. Go on and wait . The WTS been waitin for over one hundred years

Oh wait a minute !!!! I think I see it

Oh shoot !!!! that ain't it. Nothin' but a thunder storm that blew over

I will be darn. The sun is out again

But don't enjoy it !!!! The end will be here soon

Don't blink, you might miss it.

It's closer than the lid on your eyeball

Oh well. Give it a little more time, I guess I'll wait another year or two. 2014 or 2015 ?

It jus' gotta come. I refuse to believe it won't be here by then

Cuz the WTS know somethin' Jesus don't

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Fisherman, you can stop the "Columbo" act at any time.

You KNOW that the Jews believed in the restoration of all things. What was that? A mystery of sorts. Then the Messiah arrived. What hope did he teach? Well, it seems that the heavenly hope was the main focus of Christ's teachings. I admit that I don't understand everything. I don't have all the answers. Then again, I have not set myself up as a spiritual guru with a periodical and a real estate business, so I don't have to have all the answers.

So how does Jerusalem come down from heaven? Literally? Figuratively? There are still many unknowns. There could very well be people on the Earth. I admit that it makes sense to me, because why make the Earth for nothing? Still, the fact is that no human being, including Rutherford, was ever authorized to say that heavenly calling ceased. If it never closed, [which we know is true, otherwise the WTBTS could not have an FDS today] then we can't say the Christian hope has ceased. The New Testament deals with Christianity, that's it. What about Abraham and David?? I don't know. I won't claim to know. I can sure as heck tell you that they did not return in 1925!!!

There are still many possibilities. Maybe all pre-Christian worshippers will be on earth, but all post 33 C.E will be in heaven? Maybe Christ chooses and that's that! Who knows for sure? The real point of this whole thread is that the WTBS is dead wrong. They set dates and were always wrong. Then they taught that the heavenly calling ended, they were wrong. Then they said that the anointed of 1914 would not pass away, they were wrong. Then they said the DECREASING anointed proved the nearness of the END, guess what...they were wrong again. Still they claim to be "the truth" and will DF alll who disagree with their "ideas" that they love. The "operation of error" is no joke.

DD

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

TD,

I never saw what you are saying before until now. But I got to think. A lot of information to consider. What is current WTS teaching on what you say. How do they explain it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

DD, its funny you said that. Not that I am putting on an act by any means. I am not, but I love Columbo and yesterday I was thinking about choosing his photo as my avitar. I may just do that after yout post.

By the way, are you following TD's logic?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

How can I change my avitar?

• TD
    TD

Fisherman,

What do you mean?

Consider what happens if we remove that reward: What if those that refused to worship the Roman gods are treated no different than those that did? What if those that died in the arena are simply resurrected to life on earth just the same as those who escaped punishment by burning incense to the Emperor's diety? What reason would there be for dying in the arena at all? --None whatsoever. Remove the heavenly reward and you remove the reason to be faithful.

The situation is virtually the same in a modern setting. Why convert to the JW faith? Why go to all the meetings, go out knocking on doors, refuse to celebrate holidays, etc.? JW's do this because they, like the early Christians, believe that their salvation is at stake. For non-anointed JW's that salvation is described at Revelation 7:9-10.

What happens if we remove that reward? What happens if JW's simply grow old and die and are eventually resurrected to life in paradise just like everyone else who never bothered with the JW faith at all? What reason would anyone have for being a JW? --None whatsoever.

Take for example, a fictional JW family. The grandparents were baptized as adults in the late 1930's and never considered themselves to be anointed. They were the only members of their respective families to become JW's. They've been dead for 20 years now. How is their fate any different than all their "Unbelieving" brothers and sisters and cousins that never bothered with the JW faith? In JW theology, there is no difference. They're all going to be resurrected.

Any way you look at it, an "Earthly hope" is not a doctrine that can be taught longer than about a generation or so. It's only the proximity of the end and the prospect of not having to die that makes it viable. Remove that reward and you remove any reason to be faithful.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How is their fate any different than all their "Unbelieving" brothers and sisters and cousins that never bothered with the JW faith? In JW theology, there is no difference. They're all going to be resurrected.

TD

Mythological theory can be so much fun, you can twist it and bend it anyway you like

and still come out in the end as being righteous.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Narcissistic a$$holes.

• kaik
    kaik

Thank you everyone for interesting posts, and I wish I could read all of them. One of the issue with WT have right now is the 1914 year, which hangs as a huge liability over the entire religous doctrine they been preaching for the past 90 years. WT will eventually phase out this belief, but not until 2034-2038, which will give them enough time to figure out new deadline, new parousia, new tribulation. The 2034 is pushed as mantra among JW for some time, I encountered it already in the 1990s.By 2034 most of the present decietful GB will be dead, as well aged JW who held this beautiful brochure in the 1980's in their hands:

http://savedfromthewatchtower.blogspot.com/2011/05/generation-that-will-not-pass-away.html

20 years is long enough to figure out how to get rid off the failure of 1914 prohecy. However, it was not until 1930's when the JW changed the End of Time year 1799, when clearly anyone living during the reign of Napoleon was dead. Overlapping generations can hold only for so long and eventually will create exodus from the organization. This exodus will be biological as the old members pass away, and new members will be far a few and between, while others will leave for good.

• kaik
    kaik

Data Dog, I remember clearly in the 1980's when they stated that the heavenly calling was closed and only a few would get lucky due disfellowshipment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit