The 1914 generation is still going strong 100 years later - 2014 study article.

by THE GLADIATOR 443 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Rejoice Over the Marriage of the Lamb! (‎2 occurrences) 12 As anointed Christians finish their earthly course during Christ’s presence, they are resurrected to heavenly life. ... 4:16, 17) Before the outbreak of the war of Armageddon , therefore, all members of the “bride” will be in heaven. w14 2/15 pp. 8-12 - The Watchtower—2014

• Splash
    Splash

Fisherman - Well that's pretty up to date!

EDIT to add:
    Neither of those two quotes are actually in the Feb 2014 WT Fisherman.
    Where did you get them from?

Splash

• TD
    TD
    A lot of changes and that means "I dont know" I am trying to give this new definition a chance but I just don't buy it. I will go along with it but I dont believe it right now. I cannot let go of 1914. I still believe that the GT will happen within 10 years or less, That is what I believe.

The latest iteration really doesn't integrate all that well with the rest of JW teaching. Take the doctrine of the "Great Crowd" for example. It is still conjoined to the pre '95 interpretation of Matthew 24:34 like a siamese twin.

How could it be otherwise? What sense would it make to stand people up at a convention and tell them clearly and unequivocally that they are of the group who will survive the "Great tribulation" if said tribulation is well outside the boundary of their lifetimes? (A 25 year old in 1935 would be 103+ today. 113+ in ten years...)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

read blondies post above spash.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I still believe that the GT will happen within 10 years or less, That is what I believe.

...Oh it`s Coming Alright!..

You just have to Be Patient!..

.......................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I see what you are saying TD and I never thought of that.I just realized that now.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Outlaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

K.I.S.S

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

The very fact that this thread is on it's 9th page shows the ridiculous and convoluted nature of the GB's nu-light. Don't be too shocked if you find articles that contradict one another. I think the GB spin a wheel and decide who's ideas are printed for the next year. The WT magazines are a model of ambiguity and guess-work, interwoven with theories, personal aspirations and assumptions of fallible men. Very, very little of the information meets the criteria for truth presented at the "God's Word Is Truth" DC. Yet at the same time, it is from JEHOVAH, and you must believe it or face the death penalty for apostasy. Incredible...

• Splash
    Splash

OK seen it.
    So they state that the anointed are resurrected as they die during Christs presence, but that still doesn't explain how they have been judged worthy by then, since that only occurs at the time of the Gt Trib.

This they stated as their introduction to the New Light, in Oct 2012:

When Does Jesus Appoint the Slave “Over All His Belongings”?Jesus said that the “master on arriving” (literally, “having come”) will appoint the slave “over all his belongings.” When does the Master, Jesus, arrive?
    The expression translated “on arriving” is a form of the Greek word er′kho·mai. Verses 42 and 44 of chapter 24 translate a form of er′kho·mai as “coming.” In those verses, Jesus is referring to his coming as Judge during the great tribulation.—

Another contradiction from them then.

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

And that whole 1914 thing has been thoroughly and totally debunked on these forums.

To think they have to bend facts, misquote sources and still end up with a blind "well we trust the Bible more than we trust man" explanation!

It just insane. Generation, 1914, FDS. It's all just insane.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit