im turning in my letter friday,

by unstopableravens 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

so why is it that you think cofty lies to you?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hofer: i never said "lied" i said double talk. if i told you that for nine years i race unicorns and than i say mr hofer unicorns never existed. what would you think? be unbiased for a minute.

• cofty
    cofty

it is illogical to say he had the spirit of god and than claim the spirit never existed

It's very puzzling to me that anybody can be so muddled. It's like you speak a different language.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i'm as unbiased as it gets on this one. the difference is, that racing visible unicorns is something different than feeling some invisible force.

it's closer to this one: A believes for 9 years that xenu dropped alien souls into a volcanoe in hawaii before humans existed, now he doesnt believe it anymore. B says A never really believed it, because A now doesn't believe in xenu. the reason B thinks A never really believed it is because of cognitive dissonance. it just can't be right, because it wouldn't fit B's beliefs.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: explain how that is muddled

• cofty
    cofty

explain how that is muddled

J.Hofer just did perfectly.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hofer: you missing the key diffeance cofty said he was born again which means having an experiance with the holy spirit, that why in my thought about unicorns i was racing them having not just belief in them but experaincing them.

• cofty
    cofty

cofty said he was born again which means having an experiance with the holy spirit

Yes.

An ongoing experience that I ascribed wrongly to the spirit.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion. [1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing").

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

cofty says (he believed) he was born again, because he experienced the holy spirit in those 9 years. now he believes/knows it wasn't the holy spirit.

you think that being born again means something so special that noone ever could stop believing it. so someone who stopped believing it, wasn't REALLY born again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit