im turning in my letter friday,

by unstopableravens 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I was as convinced as any christian I have ever met that I had the spirit.

It's all "mental" unstop. Objective feelings and emotions that depend on the supression of evidence.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Unstop, what about seikhs, Muslims etc who claim to have felt the spirit of their god'S?

BTW, I disassociated and was baptised in a Christian church in 2010. Once I studied the historicity of Jesus and and the bible I realised what quite a few new revelations.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

password: i believe in the "holy spirit" and unholy sprits.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

for example mormons will tell you about the burning of the bosom when they give there testomony. i believe they really do feel the burning however the source is demonic.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Unstop I understand what you are saying. For a person like yourself belief is/can be everything. I hope your new church will bring you comfort and joy........ without that religion turns into a trial.......and we all know that as Ex JW'S. Keep reading and debating as you begin a new journey.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I just read your Morman slam.....hummmmmmm

• cofty
    cofty

Mormons and others will tell you about the positive effects of the "spirit" in their lives.

People have got over addictions to drink and drugs. They have cleaned up their lives in exactly the same ways that christians testify to.

Are you saying that this is the work or demons?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

gio: thanks and cofty: of course when ever someones life changes morally that is a good thing that does not make them a child of god. just as jw learn to clean up dirty habits that does not equall the new birth

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop please answer the question. When a Mormon on a Muslim has a profound experience that they believe is the presence of the spirit, and it results in radical positive changes in their lives and personality, is that the work of demons?

• Laika
    Laika

I got baptised last month, it was the best decision I've ever made. Mostly of course it was about faith in Jesus, but a small part of it felt representative of my break from the Society.

I didn't write a letter however, if the elders want to break apart my family they will have to take the initiative themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit