im turning in my letter friday,

by unstopableravens 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

roberta lol ill rather tell them how to avoid hell!

• cofty
    cofty

What about all the big questions we have discussed here on the forum?

Should you not wait until you have at least got an inkling about those before you take the pluge?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mr cofty: as far as i can recall all me and you have discussed was evolution. not about specific doctrine. my baptism still thou has nothing to do with religion like jws do. its about what christ did for me and

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

my faith in him,

• cofty
    cofty

I have been where you are now unstop. I got baptised in a christan church. I believed passionately in Jesus death on the cross for me.

I wish I had had somebody who could have showed me there was another side I had not yet investigated. It would have saved me a further 9 years.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: i really believe you mean well, you seem to have a vast knowlegde on subjects. and thats awesome the differance is i have faith where you dont. i dont know what exactly was in your mind during your 9 years. but it seems it had to be all mental and you never really felt presance of god. and so when mentions god or holy spirit or really being born again and changed you cant relate because those things are not real to you. anyway i always enjoy chatting with you.

• cofty
    cofty

it seems it had to be all mental and you never really felt presance of god

Why would you assume that? Does it make you feel safer to think I was never a "real" christian?

Nothing could be further from the truth. I lived and breathed the gospel. Prayer was an ongoing conversation with god and with Jesus. I felt humbled by his death that was not for Adam's sin but it was for my sins that he suffered and died. I was no longer a slave but an adopted son of god with a total assurance of eternal slavation. I worshiped and adored Jesus.

I preached the gospel with passion. I loved worship time in church. The words and music of the songs and hymns moved me deeply.

I was totally convinced that god answered my prayers and strengthened me every day.

I was born-again, saved, forgiven, sanctified, adopted child of god.

It turned out sustaining this very pleasant view depended on ignoring a lot of inconvenient facts. If only somebody had pestered me into defending my faith 9 years earlier.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: thats alot of doulble talk, how can you "be in the presance of god" when you dont believe he exists or did he only exist when you believed? how can you have been born again when the defination of being born again is to be born from above from god. it when the holy spirit makes a person alive in a spirtual sense. what were you saved from? romans 5:9 says we are saved from the wrath of god? do you believe the wrath is on ppl? if god never existed how ould you have ever been saved?

• cofty
    cofty

I believed all of that unstop.

I now know what it really was, but at the time it could not have been more real. I would have died rather than deny it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: which is my point you "believed" or "thought" which is mental. you never really had the spirit because you dont believe he is real

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit