Did Cedars manipulate Lee into having a thread closed?

by cedars 164 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

To be fair..
    Simon said: "No one should feel threatened or have to put up with being insulted." .. And Simon also said..
    "Cedars desperately wants to be a leader and have followers but is possibly the least suitable person I've ever come acrosss to be in that role.
    Lying, denying, throwing people under the bus, poor communication, stubborn, insulting, childish, obsessive, retaliatory - not a leader. Perfect qualifications to rise in the WTS ranks though."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All we need is a little more peace, love and understanding .

• Simon
    Simon

Keep up the good work, er... Young Man.

I've always liked you the most. LOL

I see that Popular Science Magazine has dropped its "Comment" section from its website due to the problems encountered, with Trolls etc, but that just illustrates that it is not easy to keep a site such as this running at the high standard you do.

Lots of big (commercial) sites are giving up on User Generated Content because it is so much effort to keep things civil. I think the route forward is definitely community led moderation.

i.e. if someone is being a dick then their comments get hidden "by the community" (with safeguards to protect against people gaming the system)

• Simon
    Simon

To be fair..

Sorry The Quiet One ... yes, I see the apparent contradiction but I think we're a little bit past "normal operations" on this one!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Cedars' posts seem to be saying he is willing to leave this thread and the evidence herein alone, and move on. He has apologised repeatedly, admitted he should have acted differently, and if people would stop posting 'gee, I really don't want to stir things up or flog a dead horse, but..' or airing their grievances over things that can't be undone in any way, we could just put this behind us. I've had issues with Cedars and his seeming oversensitivity in the past, but having spoken to him via PM, I have found him to be polite and gentlemanly, even when I'm offering criticism. Some people take words and accusations very seriously, perhaps for personal reasons others don't understand.. If you treat people kindly, don't insult them or retaliate, peace will eventually prevail.
    Be a pacifist.. And if anyone tries to ruin the peace, just shoot 'em ;)

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Nope, as previously mentioned, there's a LOT of stuff he hasn't ever apologized for, and a LOT of people he and AAWA have refused to even acknowledge smearing and dragging through the mud, much less attempt making amends to. I wouldn't call that "gentlemanly" in the least. It's not even a matter of whether it can be "undone" (of course it can't!) but whether even the slightest attempt has been made to make it right with the people they publicly dismissed as liars and trolls and haters - who it turned out weren't lying at all. Even his first two or three formal "apologies" over the force-adding debacle were riddled with lies and half-truths designed to minimize his/AAWA's fault, and he really didn't appreciate it when people caught those lies, on top of all the others, and called him out on it.

But gee, thanks for playing nanny and unsolicited moral conscience and condescending to speak to everybody else (people with legitimate, valid beefs with this guy, most of whom just let it lie for the past 6 months until he started beating the drama queen drum again) like they're 5-year-olds that you're telling to kiss and make up.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow. Just wow.

Ya'all got too much time on your hands.

• mind blown
  • LogCon
    LogCon

Reminds me of the Popeye movie. Olive Oils' father is always telling everyone, " You owe me an apology." Only this is funnier.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Simon,

Getting old sure beats the alternative!

I really appreciate the comments of digerderoo, as some people do not know the nature of a sincere apology. As I have said before, if there is a "but" in an apology, it is a butt that is giving it.

Apologies should be without reservation, and without ego.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit