Time to take my mask off.

by braincleaned 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Thanks for sharing your story. It's inspiring to see someone break free of the mental prison that is the Watchtower.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

clarity, I spent my childhood from age 3 -13 in Canada. Toronto first, then Hawkesbury in the boondocks, because my parents wanted to go "where the need is great"...
    Then in '72 we moved to France. I came back on this side of the pond in 1996 — New York.
    Now, I'm in Arizona in the Phoenix area...

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Vincent, please check your private messages. ~ Rufus

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, braincleaned. I like your eye.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thank you jgnat! Are you into photography too?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm horrible at photography! Which is why I paint. That way, I try to recreate what I've seen.

Grande Cache

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I like it! Nice work!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I need to attend to my deadlines, but later I will offer some details on how I managed to fade, what questions I asked the elders, who reacted how, etc...
    Many of you will relate to the details.

In the meantime, being prudent is the main thing. Once you're out, you need to be ready for a backlash; and I'm ready.
    Before that, it is wise to stay discreet. Everyone's story is different. Everyone's story can encourage others.

Also,I'm open to questions, so go for it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for sharing your unmasking with us. I may do similarly one day, but my Cong. status still matters to some family even though they know I am totally out.

Peace to you.

OTWO

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yes OTWO, I totally hear you. We must be careful. I was myself... took years to finally come out.
    Also, you still stand at a very important vantage point. You can help many be seeing first had what goes on.
    Once out, our connections are limited — so it must be done only when we are ready for it.

I will say this; it's liberating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit