Time to take my mask off.

by braincleaned 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow. Your art is amazing. I've always been rather in awe of cartoonists.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm pleased to meet you! I'm glad you are doing well now, so sorry that the wtbts broke up your family.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Vincent, thank you for sharing your story. I'm so pleased you survived your darkest hour and you are still here.

I had a look on google images using your name as a search. Brilliant! My daughter is 21 but she will be so excited I have communicated with an artist who draws Sponge Bob!

I wish you all the best. I'm sure your children will follow your rational example sooner or later. The odds are very much in your favour.

Bill

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Thanks for sharing your story. I love seeing people come out alive and well. Love your cartoon style, too!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Great news. Hope everything works out for you.

Nice work on the Cedars article .

People like you have the ability to effectively illustrate the absudity of the cult mentallity .

It does seem that people with creative talents leave the Watchtower more and more .

There's no real fulfillment in the Borg .

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thank you all so much. It warms my heart, really.

It does feel good to come out — but each of us have our time for that. Fading or being disfellowshipped is hard on us and our loved ones. But I do want to give my heart out for those of you who are still inside and are just realizing things.

To those, I would like to say "keep going! — but tread lightly. Be discreet and find the friends, like here, that share your story and feelings."

Another group I want to thank are the ones inside helping those outside, especially those in priviledged position. Rock on!

I'm happy to be here. We don't always agree with each other, but we are mostly on the same side. It's also a place to have fun and relax... as some of you know by now, humor is my main tool to let go of the pressure. Satire is my pick for exposing the absurdities of this cult.

I never thought I's use the word "cult" for the WTS... i loved them with a passion. I trusted them with my life. Realizing how crooked they are was a blast to my heart. Sometimes I still want to think they are sincere and not be badly intentioned — but lately, their intentions are clear, and I can't find anymore excuses for them without looking like an abused kid that says he loves his abuser.

Once again, thank you. Love and peace!

• jemba
    jemba

Hi Vincent, Im so glad you could 'come out' to us all.

I too am in total awe of cartoonists, I cant draw for peanuts. Oh and Sponge Bob, he is my absolute favourite character EVER!!

I hope one day I can come out as an EX JW proud apostate, you are doing us faders proud!!

As a public figure hopefully you can put it out there what a damaging cult the JWs are.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

clarity, I also love Hitchens. I miss him very much. The four Horsemen are fantastic. I'm writing a novel at this time!
    Rather Monty Python style story... taking my time on it because of my work and the deadlines. But I'll get it done.
    It will hit some sensitive points. I would have loved to have Hitch forward it... but I will get someone I admire to do it.
    I'm stubborn. Hehe!

• prologos
    prologos

I feel with you all the way. creative drive the, force behind our being here perhaps was your inner strength, even if it was not apparent. Too bad the deep love for the children could not have overridden the emotional shallowness of the religion.

masterfull works of yours. some of evolution's products appear to have been drawn by cartoonists.

you make me feel great to share in this dispersed community.

ex-splane some other time.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yes jemba. I can use my voice, albeit a modest one. Promise.
    Of course, I can't use Spongebob or other characters I haven't created myself.
    But I'm working on creating some original work. I also will be working with Cedars, AAWA, and other groups that are helping.
    It feels good to help and contribute some humor into such a serious situation.

This is the place that got everything started, and JWN will always be a special place for me.

Not going anywhere!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit