Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Vivian: Please show where, on this thread, I have insulted a person rather than discuss the content of the post.

I have, but you don't think it qualifies as a personal attack / insult. I beg to differ. It's certainly not my imagination when I'm the object of it, perhaps you can ask your interlocutor if he/she felt personally offended by your remark. Besides, it is perfectly possible to insult someone all the while staying on topic. I recommend you reading "Churchill's Wit" for an example of that.

In the future, please don't pretend I get offended at your attempts to insult me (...) I find it pretty damn amusing.

Perhaps you can point out where have I have shown such pretense? Or is it just your imagination? In any case, it's good to know that you find it amusing.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

Just for the record Muhammad was a pedophile - hardly a spiritual leader worthy of respect.

Jesus approved of slavery and infanticide.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

C'mon, Deltawave, time to lay your cards on the table.

Please state unequivocally that you have nothing to do with the BKs.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

cappytan12 minutes agoLisaRose: I could be wrong, but I believe the BK method of meditation is quite different than "mindfulness" meditation commonly practiced by buddhists and some secularists.

Interesting, I will check that out, not that I am interested in BK, I hate it, as I do all cults, I am just curious.

Deltawave, we have had a lot of posters from the BK cult come here to post, and often they post things similar to you and are deceitful about their relationship to the cult. Unfortunately some people get out of a cult like the Jehovah's Witnesses only to fall prey to an even more destructive cult like BK. Attempting to spread their beliefs will not be tolerated here.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    I have, but you don't think it qualifies as a personal attack / insult. I beg to differ

You misrepresenting what I said is nothing new. You don't have to beg, either.

It's certainly not my imagination when I'm the object of it, perhaps you can ask your interlocutor if he/she felt personally offended by your remark.

It's not your imagination. I can't help it if you getting called out for making false statements feels like a personal attack to you. You just need to hone your debate skills and learn to compartmentalize your arguments from your person.

Besides, it is perfectly possible to insult someone all the while staying on topic. I recommend you reading "Churchill's Wit" for an example of that.

Don't misrepresent people and your problem will go away.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    I can't help it if you getting called out for making false statements feels like a personal attack to you.

It's one thing to tell me: "You're wrong. Because..."

It's another thing to say: "You're dishonest."

The first I take it well. The second, I don't. It's not about compartmentalization; it's about urbanity.

Eden

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Ok I have to say something now. I only joined this forum yesterday after the laughable Watchtower study I sat through in the morning trashing all of its own teachings. Yes I practice mindful meditation (that is my personal right to do so) and I have read up on various other belief systems as I don't think any one is more right than the other.... Truth is perspective. I am no Bhuddist, bhrama kumeris, Hindu or Sikh. I am a baptised JW who is fed up with religion and the arrogant view of religiously inclined people of "I'm right everyone else is wrong"

I do however feel there is some validity in what teachers such as Jesus, Bhudda and Muhammad said in terms of living a life that isn't based solely around superficial things such as money, holidays and fashion!

• Deltawave
    Deltawave
    No my spelling isn't the best. I was home schooled like a good little JW And I am now taking maths and English classes again at colledge to make up for my lack of education as a child. Thanks xx
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    t's one thing to tell me: "You're wrong. Because..."
    It's another thing to say: "You're dishonest."
    The first I take it well. The second, I don't. It's not about compartmentalization; it's about urbanity.

Again, I can't help it if you have a problem with reality.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I have a problem with the reality that you're an abuser. Too bad if you're oblivious of that reality.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit