Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    If one insists on the right to villify others, it should be no surprise that it comes back to bite you.

No one has vilified any one. Ideas and claims have been vilified. To say otherwise is to misrepresent reality. Well, except for you trying to attack me. You are a shining example of the very thing you are attempting to claim I did and complain about.

I forgive you.

Often, those who overcriticize others for attempting to share their beliefs, are themselves preaching their own set of creeds – be it rationalism, science, theism atheism or whatnot.

Please let me know if you see anyone doing that. However, unlike your incorrect opening claims about personal attacks, please endeavor to be correct next time.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    So what is wrong with the practice of meditation Viviane?

I'll be happy to answer that as soon as anyone can point out where I said anything was wrong with it.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    No one has vilified any one. Ideas and claims have been vilified. To say otherwise is to misrepresent reality.

Really, Viviane? Well, although you have shown some unusual verbal restraint on this particular thread, here's an example:

Vivian: More dishonesty... yep, you're being religious for sure.

The above is a cunning way to say the same insult twice: The person may have said something that's not accurate, but you chose the term "dishonesty", knowing full well, that such qualifies the person saying it as "dishonest". On the same sentence, you equate religion with dishonesty, and then go on saying that your interlocutor is religious, therefore claiming he's dishonest.

It's like if I said: "Oh, do you believe in X? Only stupid people believe in X" - and then claim I didn't call that person stupid.

Eden

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Thanks milli,

May I say I've never heard of the bhrama Kemeys?! Will check it out though thanks:-)

• Deltawave
    Deltawave
    Ok so what I'd bhrama kumeris? I've never heard of it??
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Ok so what I'd bhrama kumeris? I've never heard of it??

"I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here."

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Well, although you have shown some unusual verbal restraint on this particular thread, here's an example:

An example has to represent the thing your claiming.

The above is a cunning way to say the same insult twice: The person may have said something that's not accurate, but you chose the term "dishonesty", knowing full well, that such qualifies the person saying it as "dishonest".

Calling dishonesty dishonest is an accurate representation and not a personal attack. It's in no way my problem if accuracy offends you. That's really your problem and yours alone. You don't get to put your monkey on my back.

It's like if I said: "Oh, do you believe in X? Only stupid people believe in X" - and then claim I didn't call that person stupid.

Or, it's not even remotely like that at all. DW was well aware that Jesus endorsed slavery and was attempting to claim the opposite. It's not at all like what you are claiming.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    "I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here."

Bingo.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Viviane I'll be happy to answer that as soon as anyone can point out where I said anything was wrong with it.

You accused deltawave of "promoting meditation and the teachings of BK." Why would you say that if you don't have a problem with meditation?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You accused deltawave of "promoting meditation and the teachings of BK." Why would you say that if you don't have a problem with meditation?

Because I've never I had a problem with it. If you can show otherwise, please do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit