Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I think it's best, in the interest of peace that we all (exception made to Viviane) stop making general statements that common sense (except Viviane's common sense, if it can be proven to exist in lab controlled conditions, I'm just working on an assumption here) would understand it as not applying to 100% of mankind without qualifying first that we're not speaking in her name.

Aw, look at you trying make personal attacks. You're totes adorbs when you do that.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    You're totes adorbs

Gee, you've just made me blush, Viviane.

Eden

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Flippin Norah, remind me never to cross viviane!
  • Splash
    Splash

You'll be fine so long as you never form an opinion on anything and be so bold as to post it.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    You'll be fine so long as you never form an opinion on anything and be so bold as to post it.

It seems to me that what gets her going is when someone forms an opinion on something and then posts it as fact.

In learning to strip off my irrational old personality, I realize that there is a big difference between stating an opinion and stating an opinion as fact.

If you're going to state it as fact, rationally, you better have the evidence to back it up.

For example, I, for whatever reason, still hold some irrational opinions. Like I am not convinced that the climate change we're seeing is completely the fault of mankind. However, I can't prove that it isn't, and science has data to say it is likely that it is caused by man. So, me posting that statement as fact is gonna get Viviane all riled up.

However, I don't think she'll say I can't have that opinion, even if she views it as wrong and incorrect and irrational (which, admittedly, it is irrational).

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Deltawave has on a recent thread described accurately the Watchtower discussion at the meeting. He is not Brahma Kumaris, just a JW trying to leave and looking for help. Disgusted! He can't even spell! He is not a threat.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It seems to me that what gets her going is when someone forms an opinion on something and then posts it as fact. - I quickly accepted correction from you and yet she still went nuts on me.

It makes you wonder what her credentials are ...

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

If one insists on the right to villify others, it should be no surprise that it comes back to bite you. To relentlessly, systematically, criticize others for simply stating their opinions – and I have observed that it doesn’t matter if such opinions are presented as facts or mere personal beliefs – is foolish, annyoing, and tiring. It may also be pathological. Often, those who overcriticize others for attempting to share their beliefs, are themselves preaching their own set of creeds – be it rationalism, science, theism atheism or whatnot.

Eden

• Viviane
    Viviane

No one has crossed me. I just don't tolerate promoting woo as reality and misrepresenting facts.

Well that's just utterly untrue and ridiculous.
    It seems to me that what gets her going is when someone forms an opinion on something and then posts it as fact.
    In learning to strip off my irrational old personality, I realize that there is a big difference between stating an opinion and stating an opinion as fact.
    So, me posting that statement as fact is gonna get Viviane all riled up.
    However, I don't think she'll say I can't have that opinion, even if she views it as wrong and incorrect and irrational (which, admittedly, it is irrational).

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Deltawave has on a recent thread described accurately the Watchtower discussion at the meeting. He is not Brahma Kumaris, just a JW trying to leave and looking for help. Disgusted! He can't even spell! He is not a threat.

I can accurately describe a WT discussion and I've not been to a meeting in almost 6 years. Deltawave has a name that it directly associated with the meditative practive of the BKs, is promoting meditation and the teachings of the BKs.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    So what is wrong with the practice of meditation Viviane?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit