Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

There is a huge difference between been religious and been spiritual. Been religious is about been superior to others in the sight of God. However, been spiritual is about self awareness, inner peace and unity with the natural world.

Many of us would like to see people wake up from the delusions of the Watchtower cult, but wake up to what?

Wake up to the reality that all the spiritual leaders such as Jesus, Muhammad, Bhudda and Ghandi stood against religion and taught people the power of a spiritual outlook on life.

Love your neighbours as yourselves

Seek gratitude instead of desire

Meditate daily and find inner peace

When we break off the shackles of the cultists paradigm we see true spirituality isn't in a highlighted Watchtower for all to see, but in the way we conduct ourselves as humans. Lets throw off the chains, cast off the doubts and show JW What true inner peace and true self esteem look like.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Who should I believe, you or the person before your or the person after you that tells me something very different about what spirituality is, all of you claiming to have it right?
  • Deltawave
    Deltawave

Viviane, my comment above is neither to promote myself or the teachings of a religious order. My interests lay in the arms of happiness and fulfilment. When you take away religious dogma and read what the great spiritual leaders actually said they all were United in their views as to the keys to a happy life.

Religion can always be twisted, but the fact that the words and teachings of these men have effected the minds and hearts of billions shows there must be truth in their words.

They all spoke out against organised religions and taught true spirituality is cultivated within and that outward religious piety hindered true spirituality.

The Israelites were a religious nation but not a spiritual one. Hence Jesus rejected them.

JWs promote the idea that a spiritual person is one who underlines their study books, answer the format questions correctly and does jobs in the kingdom Hall...... Need I say more???

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, my comment above is neither to promote myself or the teachings of a religious order.

I never said it was. You're simply ducking the question I posed to you.

Who should I believe? You or the person before or after you claiming to have it right about spirituality when you are all claiming different things?

When you take away religious dogma and read what the great spiritual leaders actually said they all were United in their views as to the keys to a happy life.

They all said different things. Which of them should I believe? Is there any proof that following the Law or meditating and denying yourself pleasure in life will make you a better person?

Religion can always be twisted, but the fact that the words and teachings of these men have effected the minds and hearts of billions shows there must be truth in their words.

So, using that logic, it's a "fact" that there must have been truth Stalin's words, Pol Pot, Hitler, etc.

They all spoke out against organised religions and taught true spirituality is cultivated within and that outward religious piety hindered true spirituality.

No, not quite. Jesus spoke out against the people in charge, but was himself called a rabbi and said the Law of his religion (which endorsed slavery, rape and murder) was perfect and would never pass away.

Curious, have you actually read what Jesus said or are you basing this on what you imagine Jesus to have said?

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Wow Viviane, your mind is amazing. Jesus would be heavily influenced by Judaism as he was raised under it. Bhudda was raised in a hindu culture which I fluency his words too. But when you look at what these men said there is a common thread.

1. Love yourself
    2. Love your neighbours
    3. Cultivate the inner person/ mind and heart.

I don't beleive Jesus desired his followers to claim spirituality by:

• Underlining a study book
    • Answering set question correctly to a paragraph
    • Doing jobs at a Kingdom hall to show spiritual advancement.

As the Bhudda himself would say, "I have nothing to teach"

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Who should you beleive?

Study the works of spiritually influential people from all cultures and see what conclusion you draw

Hitler, Starlin and other dictators did not start spiritual movements based on spirituality

Jesus spoke out against the religious hypocrisy and dogma of a law that was still regarded as godly

Hope this is not side stepping what you asked. Thanks xx

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Wow Viviane, your mind is amazing.

Indeed it is. You're still ducking the question.

Who should I believe? You or the person before or after you claiming to have it right about spirituality when you are all claiming different things?

Jesus would be heavily influenced by Judaism as he was raised under it. Bhudda was raised in a hindu culture which I fluency his words too. But when you look at what these men said there is a common thread.

Yes, of course. No one denied that in any way. You're still ducking the question.

1. Love yourself
    1. Love your neighbours
    1. Cultivate the inner person/ mind and heart.

Buddha taught that getting rid of cravings and desire were the key to happiness. How is self denial of pleasure, asceticism, loving yourself? How is denying yourself sexual pleasure or a good meal with a loved one loving yourself?

Jesus taught that the law was perfect, therefore beating slaves to the point of death was great. That same perfect law endorsed forcing raped virgins to marry their rapist. How is that loving your neighbor?

I don't beleive Jesus desired his followers to claim spirituality by:
    • Underlining a study book
    • Answering set question correctly to a paragraph
    • Doing jobs at a Kingdom hall to show spiritual advancement.

And I'm not asking about any of that. You're ducking the question.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Study the works of spiritually influential people from all cultures and see what conclusion you draw

You're ducking the question. You're here promoting your view. Why should I give your view any credence?

Hitler, Starlin and other dictators did not start spiritual movements based on spirituality

I never said they did. I simply used your bad to show that they must have had truth as well based on the standards you used. And Nazism was steeped in religion and mysticism, BTW.

Jesus spoke out against the religious hypocrisy and dogma of a law that was still regarded as godly

Jesus spoke out about religious leaders while simultaneously endorsing the religion itself, one that promoted rape, slavery and genocide.In fact, he wrote that the law was perfect and not one letter of that law would pass away.

Seriously, do you actually know at all what Jesus said?

Hope this is not side stepping what you asked. Thanks xx

That's exactly what you are doing.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DW: You might enjoy this book by Sam Harris:

Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion

BTW, don't forget Jesus also said this, "You are my friends if you do what I command." - John 15:14

That's where the control freakery started with his little cult.

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Who should you believe? I don't know who you should beleive as I am neither your rabbi or your guru.

I however beleive that all humanity has the need to be fulfilled by something beyond the superficial. A desire to grow mentally, contribute to the community and be at peace with themselves.

When you take what the afore mentioned said in its simplest terms they encouraged

1. Gratitude over jealousy
    2. Love of neighbour starts with love of self
    3. Give more than you take

Regardless of their political, religious or cultural views I believe holding to values such as these are what they wished for us all to achieve.

Muhammad taught these principles yet fought in wars.

Jesus taught these principles yet upheld the mosaic law.

Bhudda taught these principles while denying all his desires.

I agree with these principles while.....

Jesus only said the law would not pass away until it was fulfilled which he believed he did upon dying. X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit